App to connect to Win 7 Homegroup?

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

Does anyone know if there is an app that will connect to a Win 7 PC via the Homegroup. I have no problem with using a USB flash drive or the USB cable to the PC as they both work fine for file transfers. But it would be real convient (and cool) to just run an app and connect to shared folders on a Win 7 PC's Homegroup.

Thanks,
Gerry

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Wifi File Explorer Pro will let you use your web browser to move files to/fro your Android device.

Last edited:

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Wifi File Explorer Pro will let you use your web browser to move files to/fro your Android device.

Yep, that is what I use to transfer my mp3 and movies to my A7 ..

WOW, that works great!!! First I installed the free app just to make sure it would work and it did. Then I went to buy it and the credit card the App Store had on file was gray-ed out. It was a Discover and the price was quoted in UK Pounds so maybe the charge would go to England and Discover doesn't work there. I was too lazy to get my Visa so I tried to buy it through the Amazon App store and after a few macinations I got it to download.

Interestingly, when the pro version installed and then opened it all worked pefectly. Then I closed it and later on started it up again and it would only worked like the non-pro version. Then I realized that the non-pro and the pro versions are two separate apps and the shortcut I had was for the non-pro version. I uninstalled the non-pro version and started up the pro version and all is well.

Even though this app works well, it still would be nice to have an app that would tie it into a WIn 7 Homegroup. If that app were to exist then you would be able to use the standard drag and drop within the Windows Explorer rather than having to fire up a browser.

So even though this is a nice solution, I will still look for an app that would tie into the Homegroup. (The Clear.Fi app does see my PC over the network but doesn't see any files. I assume you need some kind of server running on the PC for this app, but the point is that the Acer DOES see the PC so it shouldn't be that hard to tie into the Homegroup!)

Thanks,
Gerry

P. S. Later on I had some trouble with the Amazon App store app, but I'll put that into a new thread.