Apps For Children

amandabrunty

Dec 11, 2011
Hello everyone, first off, I apologize if I am writing this in the wrong forum. I have bought my daughter an Ematic Kids FunTab for Christmas and am looking for games to download onto it through the app stores that are available already on it. My daughter is 3 ( I know she is young but she loves the games a Iphones and Ipads have) but I personally like droids better, only problem is I don't know what type of games to search for. There was an app called 'talking tom' where a crazy looking cat mimicked everything you say. But I think it may be only for apple. Is there an app similar available through droid? I do not have a smart phone so am not familiar what to look for while searching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (any matching, cupcake making, dora, tinkerbell etc..)

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Amanda

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
There is a Talking Tom Cat application for Android (there is a Talking Tom Cat 2 as well). The apps are available in the Android Market, however, with the cheaper tablets, they generally do not have access to the Android Market. In order to get access, you typically have to root the tablet and then sideload the Android Market application to it. You may want to search on here for instructions on how to root the tablet.

gohrillah

Dec 22, 2011
ive just ordered one of these also but from what i understand from reviews you have to install the amazon app store where you pretty much can get all the same apps as the android market!

mnkricau

Dec 17, 2011
Yeah, the preloaded app stores (app market & appoke ) have some good kids app's. But for the really good (and free) ones you have to install the Amazon app. And while you are at it, why not instal the Kindle app for free books :)

mcadaman

Dec 28, 2011
Don't root the tablet if you're not sure what you are doing. Just download Amazon's "appstore". They have great games for kids and apps for ebooks. One thing about the "appstore", some of the free games might not be compatible with your device but the same version of the game for a dollar will be compatible. Go figure.

Mehran

Jan 24, 2012
Kids apps needs to be easy to use.
I wrote an app for my sister's kid just to help her to paint and save whatever she likes! :)
Your kids can easily learn how to use it. regardless of different buttons it has, kids easily select a pencil and start.

Here is the link to this android app and I hope you like it:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.webandroid.kiddypaint
And this is another application for teaching names of animals (with photos and speech) : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.webandroid.photodic

Last edited: