This is what I'm looking for in the tablet that I wish to buy :

01. ability to read PDF, CBZ, DOC, DOCX, EPUB, JPG, DJVU files
02. access /edit my word documents
03. continuous use for about 08 to 09 hours
04. 10 inch screen with good visibility
05. ability to resize the files for better viewing
06. probably (very rarely) watch avi, mkv, mp4 movies

after much vacillating, I'm leaning towards the SAMSUNG 750 tablet

but the problem is, I live in a remote corner of India, and if what I buy proves a dud, or does not match my specifications, I would be stuck with it for life, with no chance of jettisoning it for another

will you please help me decide ? does the SAMSUNG 750 answer to my needs?

alternatively, if you can think of something better, i shall be grateful to receive your suggestions

Thank you very much!

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
You can edit and create MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint files with Documents To Go. It's a paid app, but a must have if you want to use an Android device for business & educational purposes. There is also Polaris, Office Suite and Quick Office as well.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Hi,
There is an app in the android market or outside it, free and paid, for every one of your requirements mentioned in your equerry. Your choice of make depends on other aspects of the specification and performance. Go ahead and make your purchase without hesitation. One thing to be borne in mind is that you do not plan to get stuck with the tab you buy, for life. The tab market is in infancy and is due for huge and rapid strides of changes in the offing, raising your desire and aspirations for a compulsive change much sooner than you might expect.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
I am anticipating by next year at this time that the tablets we have now will be old hat by then. Android will have matured to a higher level of compatibility and useablity. Quad core is something we will see real soon, possibly in the next few months. We will all be contemplating upgrades to the newer, slim, faster, more powerful tablets. So I hardly think that a life time commitment is in order. If we wait for the newer, faster ones, we miss out on learning the operating system from the ground level. This will deprive us of the know how to handle the more powerful sophisticated tablets still on the drawing board. Take the plung!! Get comfortable with the Android OS, build your knowledge base, and grow with the Android experience. The rewards will come later on, for sure.

lumiere

Sep 12, 2011
Thanks all of you!

you're quite right. i had forgotten that in the last 15 years i had changed 7 systems because of my need to upgrade.

however, the fact remains that i won't be changing my tablet so soon, given the prohibitive price of tablets in India

One final question - should I then go for the SAMSUNG model? or should i settle for the ACER ICONIA W500 tablet, which is windows-based and seems quite tempting?

thanks once again

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Well, if you want Windows on a tablet...then go for it. That's exactly what it is - although it isn't really optimized for them and is a bit clunky in my opinion. Windows 8 will be much better.

But for now, a Android tablet is much better for media consumption, and is still good for getting work done (Esp. with a good keyboard, like the one found in the dock on the ASUS Transformer). Polaris Office is a good office document solution, and I think it is bundled on the 750 (10.1).

Android and Windows tablets are different leagues entirely; it depends what you prefer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum