Apps in SD Cards

Anton Nguyen

Dec 5, 2014
Hello Android community!

I'm a complete noob when it comes to androids and technology and stuff so please bare with me :X

Recently I got a memo 8 pad and tried to move a good amount of apps to my SD card in order to save space on the internal storage. Unfortunately none of the apps worked afterward. Why can't the device open the apps from the SD card? And if it can, how can I make it happen.

Thanks everyone!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The current generation of Android will not allow moving apps to the SD card. However, there may be a problem with the SD card if you have an older version that displayed the option in the app manager. Hard to say for sure. It usually isn't apps taking up that much space. It's more likely media, (docs, photos, movies etc.) or associated data.

Android apps are really pretty small.

Test the SD card in your computer to see if it's visible.

Anton Nguyen

Dec 5, 2014
Thanks leeshor.

I "fixed" the problem by redownloading all the apps that I moved but now I'm wondering where the apps that were moved to my SD are. Are they still in there? If I search for them directly through the tablet they are no where to be found.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have no idea what may have happened to them. As I mentioned, you may not have been able to actually move them in the first place.