Apps MIA on market

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Just upgraded to froyo rom and find that apps I had with 2.1 do not appear on market. Yahoo vodeo chat cannot be found as well as several forums that I was using. These forums are listed as android native but when I attempt to load them, the market says app not found??????

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are three causes,
1. You may need to clean out, caches and such (Market fix) THis is a common cause. Sometimes you have to do the fix more than once
2. Some apps will not be compatible with some Android versions and set to not display when the Android version is shown as not compatible
3. Some apps have a market hook to look to see if the device is a specific brand or phone, if it does not match, it will not be found.

There are other causes but these three are the most common.

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011
I ran into this exact same problem - and there is a solution! Tested with Huawei Ideos S7 Best Buy USA Version running Indonesian 2.2.2 ROM.

Go to the Android Market and search for "Eris Market Fix" and install. It requires root access.

All of my apps that had disappeared after the Indo 2.2.2 upgrade reappeared.

The steps I took:
  1. Install "Eris Market Fix" app from Android Market
  2. Run the app, click the box to run the patch.
  3. As soon as it prompts that it is finished, reboot immediately. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE MARKET.
  4. After reboot, go to the Android Market and click My Apps. Your missing apps should appear.
  5. If it didn't work, try it again, but kill any instances of the Android Market first. Following the reboot step WITHOUT entering the market first is key.

Enjoy!

Just upgraded to froyo rom and find that apps I had with 2.1 do not appear on market. Yahoo vodeo chat cannot be found as well as several forums that I was using. These forums are listed as android native but when I attempt to load them, the market says app not found??????

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I have the same problem, quite a few of my previous regular apps aren't available any more on the market with the S7 after the 2.2 upgrade. For example the best buy app, "ip webcam by pas", the Target App, etc.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I used the Eris Market fix and some of the apps that were not showing up that were 2.2 are now showing up for me and I can't find any that I am missing, so this seems to have worked for me.

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011
Yes, Eris Market Fix is the one. The app has a bunch of disclaimers, but it worked perfectly for me.

Same problem here...thanks for writing this up...but

The only 'market fix' I found in the market is 'eris market fix'....is this what you are talking about?