Apps on SD

JandY

Mar 20, 2012
It took a factory reset but I moved my default storage to the SD card. All is well but the LaucherPro app lost some of it's features. It cannot be run from there. Is there a way to move that particular app to internal storage?
Can anyone help a newbie?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
All you need to do is go to settings, then Applications, then storage use. Select the on "On SD Card" tab, find the program you want to move, Click on it then select "Move to Tablet".

If it states, "Move to SD" it is on the tablet memory. You will notice that all the apps have boxes next to them, some checked, some not; the check one are the programs that are currently taking up space on the SD Card.

Last edited:

JandY

Mar 20, 2012
Thank you.
I noticed that only a few apps are listed on that tab. Folder Organizer is not listed and it needs to be moved to have full functionality. I am guessing that since my default storage is microSD card now, there will be some apps I can't move?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
Some apps dont like to work properly when located on the SD card. System organizer apps especially dont like to be moved because it is harder to run the app from the SD card when you are moving data between the memory systems, tying up bandwidth, compromising the app.

JandY

Mar 20, 2012
I'll start from the beginning in case I'm not giving a good explanation. Got the Honeycomb update, did the factory reset, also formatting the16 gb microSD card I installed, I set the default storage to microSD. I downloaded about 25 apps that I had been using but lost when I did the reset. When I use Astro to browse my files they are all on the microSD card. None went to the tablet's internal SD. Now when I go to Settings>Applications>Storage use, about 50 show up on the Downloaded tab (the ones I downloaded and the updates that were downloaded for the existing apps), on the All tab everything shows up, on the On SD Card (which is my microSD card that's now the default storage) only 11 apps show up. Those appear to be the only apps I can move as they have boxes next to them. When I go into the individual apps, the Move to Tablet is greyed out (I am guessing that because my default storage is the microSD and that is now considered the Tablet). I tried to manually move Folder Organizer using Astro but it didn't do anything as the Folder Organizer folder only really contained the skins. I know I am new to this so I'm sorry if I'm giving information that's not needed and not giving info that is needed to figure this out. Thanks for any help, J

2THEXTRM

Jan 4, 2012
I have found apps that have widgets you use will lose widget functionality moving app to SD. Any app like Astro that allows you to modify files should be left on internal memory to avoid intermittent issues and file corruption, this is my experience and it may work just fine for you. Of course some files, dont allow moving to SD, this is often a developer "issue" and requires them to update app accordingly or it is a system app/file. Most of the popular apps allow moving to SD, those that don't probably have a good reason lol.