Apps on Tablet and Phone

TBakerHR

Feb 5, 2012
If I buy and install apps on my tablet, do I have to re- purchase them to install on my phone?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablet and soon will have the Galaxy S2 LTE

Joar

Jan 6, 2012
Probably, considering how companies tend to be. Maybe you can install them to a microSD card (which you can then transfer between the tablet and the phone)?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
As long as you register the new device to the same account and the device is compatible with the app you shouldn't have a problem. Once you purchase an app, you own it.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
When you get your phone make sure you register to Google account using the same username and password you used on your Tablet. Then when you go to market, tap on menu and you'll see all your apps and you can install them on your phone without purchasing them again .

Samsung Galaxy Note

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You beat me, Spider!

Age before beauty?:rolleyes: BTW It helps a lot if you go back to the market you bought the app from. Awhile back I got all upset when the Android Market wouldn't update an app for free, until I realized I had bought it from the Amazon App Store.:cool:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Age before beauty?:rolleyes: BTW It helps a lot if you go back to the market you bought the app from. Awhile back I got all upset when the Android Market wouldn't update an app for free, until I realized I had bought it from the Amazon App Store.:cool:

doh.gif

icon_laugh.gif