Apps storage on 7015

jmg_lag

Apr 14, 2011
hi.

I have found I am hitting a low resource issue on my Coby: Apparenlty we only have 261M of space for apps? I was at first suprised it was that limited, since I only have so many apps on there, but then I thoguht "well it is a $140 tablet afterall!"

It shows I have 261MB of app space. Any way to increase this or move & run some apps from a different location to free up space? Mine is Rooted.

I did a quick search on the board and it appears to be "no" BUT I wanted to check...

Thanks!

JMG

Last edited:

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
if you are 2.1 rom use links2sd to move apps to sd card... you can download it from the market, there is a sticky thread in here on how to set it up. if you upgrade to 2.3.1 gingerbread you can move apps to a designated sd space in the nand

Sigmund

Jul 5, 2011
Don't worked for me. Created a partition in EXT2 and don't worked. Created a partition in FAT32 and nothing.

The SD already has a FAT16 partition, that makes difference?

I have a Kingston MicroSD HC 4Gb in FAT16

Coby Kyros 7015 rooted / clockworkmod

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Don't worked for me. Created a partition in EXT2 and don't worked. Created a partition in FAT32 and nothing.

The SD already has a FAT16 partition, that makes difference?

I have a Kingston MicroSD HC 4Gb in FAT16

Coby Kyros 7015 rooted / clockworkmod

Put memory card in computer and backup all files. Format to FAT. Then use a partitioner program like "EASEUS Partition Master 7.1.1 Home Edition" to create a second partition for apps which should be FAT32. Then you put micro sd back in tablet boot up link2sd and allow super user premissions. It should detect the apps partition and then you have to restart and you can use it.

Sigmund

Jul 5, 2011
Then; I tried again without formatting; the SD must be empty?

I need to:

1. Format SD in FAT the whole 4Gb (FAT16)
2. Resize Primary 4Gb partition
3. Create a partition in FAT32
4. Set it as Primary too

no? Is because my Coby failed to detect the SD partitioned, with just one partition it worked all fine

Sigmund

Jul 5, 2011
Redo all the process and failed again. There's something needed for the Coby Kyros to read partitioned SD?

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Then; I tried again without formatting; the SD must be empty?

I need to:

1. Format SD in FAT the whole 4Gb (FAT16)
2. Resize Primary 4Gb partition
3. Create a partition in FAT32
4. Set it as Primary too

no? Is because my Coby failed to detect the SD partitioned, with just one partition it worked all fine

1- Make sure you are Rooted!!!

2-you must format the whole card to Fat 32 NOT 16 then 32... then both partitions formatted to Fat32... before you format your card make a backup of it..Afterwards you can paste back all your folders files and folders after you formatted to the partition you did NOT designate for Apps

3- Go here and scroll to post #26....http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-7015-link2sd-ext2-partition-not-found-3.html... make sure you follow this and set permissions, also download the install-recovery.sh file from the link in the previous posts... If you are Windows use minitools to format sd card and make sure they are both set to primary.. the only drawback is you wont be able to see the second partition on the coby or on your PC because of windows limitation, But it is there when you move apps to the sdcard with link2sd it will move it to the second partition you designated in the Card. Trust me it works.

Last edited: