Apps that other tablet users have suggested not compatible with my tablet....

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
I know that Facebook is not tablet/ICS compatible as yet, but I was advised that "FRIENDCASTER" for Facebook would solve the problem until Facebook stopped grovelling around apple and made it compatible with android 4 on tablet? Apparently it is not compatible with my tablet, obviously it won't tell me why. :(

sent from my Zenithink C91 (Upgrade) Tablet,
using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
Hi !

Follow this tutorial :)

1 : go on settings - applications- all - and stop Google services Framework, and erase all data
2 : go on setting - applications - all - and stop the Play Store, and erase all data
3. Go on ES file Explorer - setting - enable "root explorer" and "mount file system"
4. extract this files xmlfiles.zip in /system/etc/permissions on your tablet
5. reboot
6. Enjoy :)

ChristineNZL

Jun 30, 2012
Hi !

1 : go on settings - applications- all - and stop Google services Framework, and erase all data
2 : go on setting - applications - all - and stop the Play Store, and erase all data
3. Go on ES file Explorer - setting - enable "root explorer" and "mount file system"
5. reboot

Hi I have to admit I am a complete novice when it comes to these things but I just got my C72 model today and want to be able to have the Facebook App and a few other things so tried this advice but got stuck at number 3 (well actually you could say number 2 but I did not have Play Store under my settings). Anyway when I go in to ES File Explorer there is no option to enable root explorer or anything else. Help!! Where to now??

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
Hi !

5. reboot

Sorry for being thick, but what does this do? There isn't a chance that it could brick the tablet is there? I'm so unlucky that if it COULD happen, it WOULD happen to me. :lol:

CV
on my Tablet! :)
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
Hi I have to admit I am a complete novice when it comes to these things but I just got my C72 model today and want to be able to have the Facebook App and a few other things so tried this advice but got stuck at number 3 (well actually you could say number 2 but I did not have Play Store under my settings). Anyway when I go in to ES File Explorer there is no option to enable root explorer or anything else. Help!! Where to now??

i'm sorry i don't try it on your model, but on Es explorer the settings are all the same no matter the model of your phone or tablet.
go here and follow the manipulation

Last edited by a moderator:

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
Sorry for being thick, but what does this do? There isn't a chance that it could brick the tablet is there? I'm so unlucky that if it COULD happen, it WOULD happen to me. :lol:

CV
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

Lol no no it's safe don't worry, this is just some files that you paste . it will no brick your tablet :)

in our tablet, there is nos GPS system. But some applications like facebook, requiere Access GPS Sytstem permission, but they don't get it, so the market says that isn't compatible
this files change just the permission, no more :)

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5foi7i

Is Friendcaster pro 5.0.7 if anyone wants it for free :)

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

Isn't that illegal? I mean, sharing the .apk for something you are supposed to pay for?

I don't mind going through the back door to install twitter, Facebook and WordPress for example (all free apps anyway) but I won't install something I'm supposed to pay for, same as I won't download anything such as music, films PC games etc that I'm supposed to pay for. Yes the music industry are greedy robbing wotnots, but it still doesn't justify stealing from them...

CV
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
Lol no no it's safe don't worry, this is just some files that you paste . it will no brick your tablet :)

in our tablet, there is nos GPS system. But some applications like facebook, requiere Access GPS Sytstem permission, but they don't get it, so the market says that isn't compatible
this files change just the permission, no more :)

I can't do it because my tablet isn't rooted. :( ES File Explorer, clicked on the option for root, but then it said it wasn't possible because my device isn't rooted and now the options are all greyed out. :(

I have installed most apps by installing the .apk files so I'll carry on doing it that way. It just means that I have to keep an eye out for updated .apk files to keep each app up to date. :banghead:

CV
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Isn't that illegal? I mean, sharing the .apk for something you are supposed to pay for?

I don't mind going through the back door to install twitter, Facebook and WordPress for example (all free apps anyway) but I won't install something I'm supposed to pay for, same as I won't download anything such as music, films PC games etc that I'm supposed to pay for. Yes the music industry are greedy robbing wotnots, but it still doesn't justify stealing from them...

CV
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

You can Google and find 90 % of paid apps for free

paulettetripp

Jul 4, 2012
i got lost at extract xmlfiles.zip?
where is it

CV
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

mallorcasaint

Mar 8, 2012
I did this and now NONE of my apps in Google Play say they are compatible with my device! What's going on? I have apps like Plume installed (paid app) and now it won't update. Don't do this.

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
I did this and now NONE of my apps in Google Play say they are compatible with my device! What's going on? I have apps like Plume installed (paid app) and now it won't update. Don't do this.

reboot your device again, are your sur you have replace the good files?

i dis this manipulation like 50 times, it's always success.

retry once the tutorial from the beginning and respect all the steps, one by, one