Apps that work together?

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Does anyone know of a thread where users post their basic apps that work well together for a given Android OS ?

I am thinking just your basic ...like launcher, browser, readers, office, sound, pictures ...not necessarily games.

If not, this may be a good place to start.

If this is immaterial, please feel free to delete this post after a spell, Mr. Administrator.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have no problem with apps, browsers, launchers, sound or pictures, you might want to be more specific, I guess start by posting what apps your are having problems with, what rom and kernel you are using, and version of android. Your problems maybe just due to your setup.

My setup

Coby 8042 Rom=CM10

Coby 7042 Rom=CM9

Coby 8048 Rom=Stock

D2Pad Rom=TB

Last edited:

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
Recent experience.

My Teclast A10t was draggin ' ...really bad, especially online. I replaced the browser and keyboard, and things are a lot better now.

My apps.
Go Launcher HD
Office Suite 6
ES File Explorer Manager
Opera Mini
SD Maid
WiFi Analyzer
Adobe Reader
WinAmp
QuickPic
GMail ( as an app., prob to be deleted)
Kindle and Aldiko
Feedley
Superuser
Adaptxt Keyboard

...and some small games, nothing serious ...along with some widgets.

I have found with my PC (Win7) that if I am patient and keep it clean, it will do well. Sometimes I mess it up a bit by installing something that does not work that well, and I use various tools to clean it up ...AND also Win7 seems to correct itself after a spell even with niggling things that normal cleaning seems to miss.

Well ...ICS on my tab is better now ...without reloading it all (which I hate) by changing some apps. Not perfect yet, and I still may have to bite the bullet.

There has to be a grouping of apps, that ..if left alone will work on and on, with glitches. The big boys ...Samsung; Asus ..etc., do it. Why can't we?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I couldn't tell which apps you are have problems with from your post. You are upset that your single core can't run apps as smooth as dual and quad cores tablets?

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
I couldn't tell which apps you are have problems with from your post. You are upset that your single core can't run apps as smooth as dual and quad cores tablets?

Not at all. I understand the limitations of what I have.

Apple; Samsung & other OEM makers are pretty stringent regarding the apps they install and use ...Apple the most controlling. This 'control' over the software that is used lends itself to a stable platform and excellent experience.

I was just wondering if there were a group of apps, say ...for an ICS tab that worked more in unison together ...somewhat like an iPad might with it's series of apps that were designed for it to function so seamlessly.