Apps(usb) missing icon from the home screen

Willem.Ng

Sep 28, 2012
those apps in usb storage are able to use and located at apps on right top corner.
however the shortcut of apps that i place on home screen, it dissapear after restart.

im using ICS4.0.3, this issue happen after the update. its quite annoying to go to apps to find the apps you want to use.
do you guys have any solution for this? much appreciate. thanks

puchasr

Sep 29, 2012
The icons from Apps that you have in the "usb" memory of your tablet disappear from home screen after restart? Not having this problem myself. Try uninstall and reinstall again or change location of App to tablet, see if corrects the problem.

Willem.Ng

Sep 28, 2012
The icons from Apps that you have in the "usb" memory of your tablet disappear from home screen after restart? Not having this problem myself. Try uninstall and reinstall again or change location of App to tablet, see if corrects the problem.

its is not an issue for me as well before upgrade to ics4.0.3. and i tried to move the apps to tablet (internal)storage which it can stay in the home screen after restart. as you know most of the storage for 32gb in usb but not internal. i wish to get a solution for apps still in usb storage and it can stay in the home screen after restart because only the internal apps can be there right now. sad.

Last edited:

lordtato

Sep 29, 2012
its is not an issue for me as well before upgrade to ics4.0.3. and i tried to move the apps to tablet (internal)storage which it can stay in the home screen after restart. as you know most of the storage for 32gb in usb but not internal. i wish to get a solution for apps still in usb storage and it can stay in the home screen after restart because only the internal apps can be there right now. sad.

i am having the same problem since last update.

icons such us scummvm or sonic episode 1 game disapear every time i restart .

it sucks .... help......

puchasr

Sep 29, 2012
I did the latest update and not having this issue, you're not alone it seems several people are having the same problem. By the way, do you see the "Guest Mode" on the top right of your screen?

lordtato

Sep 29, 2012
I did the latest update and not having this issue, you're not alone it seems several people are having the same problem. By the way, do you see the "Guest Mode" on the top right of your screen?

yes i see guest mode.
this begun yesterday with last update.

Last edited:

sagittarii

May 11, 2012
I have the same problem since upgrading to 4.0.3. I just installed Folder Organizer today and seems to be a good work around solution.

Willem.Ng

Sep 28, 2012
i am having the same problem since last update.

icons such us scummvm or sonic episode 1 game disapear every time i restart .

it sucks .... help......

i had email to sony and they suggested me to reset the tablet. since i cant find any solution to fix it without using apps to replace origin home screen, i tried and it still the same. so dont reset your tablet!!

Willem.Ng

Sep 28, 2012
I have the same problem since upgrading to 4.0.3. I just installed Folder Organizer today and seems to be a good work around solution.

so you use apps to force it stay there? i asked sony is another update coming out to solve this issue and they replied maybe but there is no futher announcement yet.

sagittarii

May 11, 2012
Willem.Ng said:
so you use apps to force it stay there? i asked sony is another update coming out to solve this issue and they replied maybe but there is no futher announcement yet.

Yes, folder organizer does work to force icons for apps (or folder/group) from SD card to stay displaying. I never had this issue until this ICS release. But if you search Google this issue isn't unique to Sony. On a side note to your other comment, there's another thread in the Sony forum regarding Jellybean. The S model is supposed to be getting that.