apps won't side load

Coby7022

Nov 16, 2011
how do I sideload apps that will not install? I have an APK that will not load. goes thru the motions, then says app not loaded.

Is there a way to load it without rooting?

Coby 7022 NOT rooted. I do have market per daprospecta.

Thanks,
David

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
May need to get signed, sometimes it works. Get ZipSigner2 from somewhere, then use it to generate a signed app (I usually use "platform" or "test" keys to sign), then try to install the signed apk. If it doesn't work, then it needs somethings else that is missing on your tablet (for instance, installing a Honeycomb only app won't work on Gingerbread).

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I was going to suggest the app compatibility issue with the is version. I have ran into that several times.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Coby7022

Nov 16, 2011
lfom, thanks...I got the ZipSigner2 , signed the apk, but still will not install. Maybe it is a honycomb apk. How do you tell the difference?

Pickupman66, thanks....What's the is version? The version on my 7022? Is there a work-around?

David

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
lfom, thanks...I got the ZipSigner2 , signed the apk, but still will not install. Maybe it is a honycomb apk. How do you tell the difference?

I don't know. If I sign the file and it doesn't install then there isn't anything else I can do...