apps

kechamb

Mar 4, 2011
My wife just bought the vizio vtab 1008 and was told by sales person that not only could she use the market for apps but mention something about vizio having apps. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

ganondorf

Sep 11, 2011
Probably mostly paid and not as sweet. At least that's what I've found with Toshiba's app market. Also only about twenty applications. On a side note: I wish my thrive came with a built in ir blaster! (Particularly because we keep losing our tv remote)

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

hardsell

Sep 19, 2011
Yes the ir blaster seems to be one of the main apps installed, and one of the few things that make the Vizio different from say a nook color

from: Vizio 8 Inch Android Tablet Specifications and Features

Built-in IR Blaster: Yes – For Universal remote functionality. Preloaded universal remote app covers 95% of CE devices in US market

the built in on screen keyboard is a modified version of swiftkey which normally sells for 4.99? (from ubergizmo review)

there is a built in gps as well

and it comes with the google stuff so maps, gmail, gtalk are already there

comes with: Nook, Navigator, Latitude, voice search...

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
Oh,man, the ir blaster is fun. Had I guy watching a sporting match on TV in our cafeteria, when it mysteriously went off, he turned it back on the volume went down he turned it back up it stayed there then went to full. he got it back down and then the TV went off and on several times, he got mad threw the remote and swore. Later asked what was wrong he said the f*&$%@g TV was broken, I didn't say a thing. Might happen again though.

hardsell

Sep 19, 2011
on that annoying section under favorites that you cant minimize or do anything with nook was the default reader out of the box on mine, i added kindle, kobo, moon+ aldiko, documentstogo, mobilepdfviewer and coolreader later