Appstore wont connect to internet, but everything else will!!

Brittani

Nov 12, 2011
I just bought an irobot, and my internet is connected..everything else works but when i go to the app store it says "it appears that your internet connection is not available." i don't know what to do please help!

hahanimal

Nov 9, 2011
Hi!

I myself had the same issue with the gome flytouch I that I recently acquired. When I first got it, the app store worked then after a few days it started doing what you are describing.

I spent hours searching the problem and hoping someone here would tell me what to do but alas they didn't so instead I just flashed the firmware up to honeycomb and it's now working perfectly.

If you like I can try and help you identify the model you have and figure out what firmware you need (but any advice I give is just that, advice, flashing the firmware can void your warranty and/or potentially kill your tablet if you do it wrong.

newschick84

Nov 30, 2011
I have a similar problem...I have a tablet model zt180...I was using the market icon to go to the app store. Now it will not connect. What happened and how do I correct it?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Did you use PDANet on your tablet?

If so, this changes some proxy settings that block the market app.

Install AnyCut and change the PDANet proxy setting gs and it should work if that was the issue. If you uninstalled PDANet you will have to reinstall it.

agrawalusa1

Dec 4, 2011
Hello helpers,

I really need help connecting to the appstore on the Android Panimage (7'') tablet. It is connected to the internet and I am trying to set up the skype for my grandpa and it just wont work and I spent over 5 hours trying to do this. When I try to connect to the app store it says "It appears that your internet connection is not available". How can I fix this? Is there a video chat software that will work on this? Please reply soon they are going back to they are leaving town soon.

Your help is appreciated!!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Have you used PDANet on your tablet?

Beyond that, have you tried it on a few different wifi networks to see if it works with other networks.

Many users that I have seen with this have some sort of app that is blocking the access due to a proxy setting. Quickest fix is a factory data reset, but that will return it to the out of the box condition.

temben6

Jan 25, 2012
I was trying to fix the problem that I couldn't get android market (via browser) to recognise device, so I went into the market (via icon on tablet) and realised that the e-mail address was different to the gmail one. So I changed it to the gmail address, but now market (via icon on tablet) says that the internet is unavailable, even though the tablet is connected to my WiFi and says it has good connection and all other devices operating off my wifi are working fine also. I don't think I have touched whatever PDANet is on the tablet. Help anyone?

linawarni

Mar 16, 2012
i have the same problem as you guys..can't get in to the market apps although my wifi has a very strong signal. it always blink whenever i try to log in to the market apps. and always appears " Can't established connection......" bla..bla..bla... please help me. my tablet is ZT ICS.

nifty1a

Dec 2, 2012
I just had this problem.... after reading this thread I realized I hadn't started my Adblock proxy running...seems that appstore will use it, but the built in browser doesn't seem to!!