aps that wont work on ICS

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi

I think it would be helpful if we could compile a list of apps that don't work on various versions of ICS I tried the stock firmware and there are a number of apps I would expect to be ok that are incompatable, I switched to angel V1.1 this improved things a bit; I've still to try V1.1 vanilla but it claims to be better still.

The most notable apps

Skygo
Sky football SC
ITV player
Tunein Radio (free or pro)

The last three are strange as they worked fine on gingerbread, I'm hoping that the developers are catching up, it is particulary gauling as the BBC Iplayer app works fine. Anyway these are just a start there are many others if you want to add to the list please do; better still if you have found a work around to get any of these or other going please share your knowledge to help others. It may even spur on the developer to get a move on!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Be sure to contact the developers to give them a nudge in the right direction on these.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Ok thanks for that I'll start to compile alist and post when I'm finished.

silverbarrel

May 25, 2012
My Aldiko reader pro is very "laggy" on ics.........cant get NFS Shift to work at all
I replaced Aldiko with MoonReader, works better for me. Latest fw 1.2rc2 slightly improves the overall performance and stability.

Other app that don't work: "Google Talk"
You can use the text chat, but the app will crash as soon as you try to use either Video or Audio.
[EDIT 29/05/2012] Got fully functional Google Talk from this Market Fix.

Last edited: