Archos 101 keeps losing internet connection. Happens all the time!

pugboy

May 22, 2011
Today I bought a used archos 101. I turned it on and configured it fine.

It was working fine, but it lost its network connection. So I disconnected and started a fresh connecting to by router and putting the security code in again.

It then worked fine for 10 minutes and then dropped the connection again.

It says it is connected, but it obviously isn't!

Any idea's please?

pugboy

May 22, 2011
If I click on my wireless connection it disconnects and then connects back up again and works OK. Its still not 100% though.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This has happened to others. My questions are to determine if you have a defective device or need to reconfigure your WLAN router.
1. Does this happen for all WLAN connections. (Home and remote (Starbucks, McDonalds,....))?
2. What type of Router do you have?
3. What is the configuration A/B/G/N (which or all of the above?)
4. What Channel do you have your Router?
I am moving this post also to the Archos Forum

Thanks

pugboy

May 22, 2011
This is still happening. If I go in and disable/enable the wireless setting it automatically connects and works OK for a bit.
I only get about 5mins between each issue though.

Please note the tablet appears to be connected up just fine, but the internet connection just stops working. Its not like it shows that its dropped the connection if you see what I mean.

I have a netgear dg834g (V5.04.02 firmware)
Channel 2 using WEP and 128 encryption

Haven't been able to test another router, but will try.

Thanks

pugboy

May 22, 2011
Nobody? I may have to try and get a refund on it and go back to a netbook then.

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
Sadly, the latest firmware has some wi-fi bugs. Not to say this is the only possibility. But they made it worse. They tend to release updates monthly or more. We are over due for a fix on this one. ;-) I won't tell you to hang in there, but you can wait if you are patient.

The Archos has had various wi-fi problems from the start. I have had 2 out of a couple dozen locations that exhibit what you are seeing. This tells me it is a combination of router's and archos. Some, like my home Linksys, work perfectly all day long. Others, like my work 'guest' wireless drop at random times, never longer than about an hour. Yet one other would never connect while everyone else, including my cell, worked fine.

Pompeybear

Dec 16, 2010
I had to get rid of my netgear router for a linksys as the netgear seemed to be the problem . The netgear worked fine with everything else apart from my 101

chenro

Jul 10, 2011
Level One WBR-3406TX router with wep security.

Bought the device yesterday. after killing all apps or resetting wifi connection it works for about one minute and that's it.

In addition, wifi signal strength is always weak, usually 1/3 never over 2/3, even when placed 10cm from router.

All wifi cell phones and a laptop work fine with this wifi router.

I'm going to ask for a refund tomorrow. no point in an "Internet Tablet" without internet.