Archos 101 (not G9) vs HANNSpad SN10T2?

chmcke01

Nov 2, 2011
I have found these devices for the same price of about $200, although the Archos has the benefit that it is from a seller in my same country (the US) whereas the HANNSpad is coming from a seemingly reputable store in China.

Which device is better? Why?

I am looking for a 10 inch tablet for my wife to use for web browsing, light gaming, and some productivity (typing Word documents for school using Office Suite 5). Which tablet would be better considering they are the same price?

Or would you recommend a better tablet for the same price or a tablet just as good for cheaper? However, I cannot budge on the screen size, must be 10" or larger.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have a 101/16. I like my 101/16 and have been using it since Nov 2010. I cannot speak to the HannsPad.
It has great features like a regular FW updates, built in equalizer/balance, Plays most vids without any additional app. And it is to me the lightest 10" available (Just over 1lb)
The biggest things I would say against the 101 are:
1. Almost too light as it flexes unless you "skin it" with a protector
2. Has a dimmer than some display
3. Uses a 1Mhz single core processor
4. Will likely never be anything but 2.2.1 Froyo.
5. Only 256 Mb Operating Mem with a large core OS footprint
6. Middlin' to lousy support. But there is support
Would I get another one right now for $200-250 Yes, Would I pay more NO
Would I recommend it, Yes if the buyer understands the prior six points.

But that is just my opinion

chmcke01

Nov 2, 2011
I have a 101/16. I like my 101/16 and have been using it since Nov 2010. I cannot speak to the HannsPad.
It has great features like a regular FW updates, built in equalizer/balance, Plays most vids without any additional app. And it is to me the lightest 10" available (Just over 1lb)
The biggest things I would say against the 101 are:
1. Almost too light as it flexes unless you "skin it" with a protector
2. Has a dimmer than some display
3. Uses a 1Mhz single core processor
4. Will likely never be anything but 2.2.1 Froyo.
5. Only 256 Mb Operating Mem with a large core OS footprint
6. Middlin' to lousy support. But there is support
Would I get another one right now for $200-250 Yes, Would I pay more NO
Would I recommend it, Yes if the buyer understands the prior six points.

But that is just my opinion

Thats my biggest worry, the 256 MB RAM. The HANNSpad has 512 MB so that makes me lean towards that, but in just about everything else I like the Archos better. Is yours rooted and/or with a non-stock ROM? Do you think it would perform satisfactorily for web browsing, light gaming, and some Office editing? By light gaming I mean small Flash type games like Angry Birds or Pet Hotel?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I do YouTube, Flash TV and such from SkyFire and the built in YouTube viewer. I have Every Angry Birds, (Original, Seasons 2011/2012, Rio) I used to play a Driving Game, Walkabout, and others. The only game which I could not get to run consistently was Plants vs Zombies.
I use Google Sky, GMail, Tuned-In and IReader. The WLAN speed is about 60-80Mbit from about 20-30 Linear feet from an LinkSys Router and Picks up APs from 100yds and can connect.