Archos 101 vs G-tablet?

CALL911

Mar 29, 2011
Yes, I know this has been brought up before. But on the threads I see the discussions was back in the fall of 2010, and it is now the very end of March 2011, and some things have changed since then.

For example, I know that the Archos 101 now is running on Android 2.2 (instead of the old 2.1).

What I don't know and want to know is how does the Archos 101 stand up to the G-tablet now? They both are running the same 2.2 application.

A big question I have is how is the screen resolution between the two for playing video? Both screens are 1080, but don't know if they both will play video in that.

Also, just generally how do they stack up now?

Jason108

Mar 4, 2011
I'm not sure about the G-tablet but have had my archos 101 now for a couple of weeks and have to say the video quality is fantastic and not only that its easy to hook up to my TV via the HDMi cable and watch video files on the tablet through the TV actually most of my video files are on a usb drive plugged into the tablet. 720p video on the device itself is great.

Also the archcos battery life is very good its around 7-8 hours non stop video so you don't have to recharge after each movie as well.