Archos 43. any users?

kid-a429

Dec 8, 2010
Looking at buying one but have a few questions
1. does a photo light meter like Photographic Light Meter Beta work on the device?

2. is connecting to a cell phone via bluetooth easy

3. web pages easy to read?

4. and is size ok?

CrunchyDoodle

Feb 16, 2011
I assume this light meter application uses the built-in camera to read light levels. The camera in the A43 is pretty junky - virtually useless. It may perform this function, however. I may have to try it, though I have a really good light meter. I have read several good reports of Bluetooth tethering with a cell phone. I guess some work better than others. The relatively high resolution display of the A43 is good for reading web pages. I even read part of a crime novel while waiting at the car wash. The size is subjective. It's a typical phone size, maybe a bit thinner, and the screen is very good in my opinion - easy to read and quite responsive to touch.

Bye. :cool:

kid-a429

Dec 8, 2010
I assume this light meter application uses the built-in camera to read light levels. The camera in the A43 is pretty junky - virtually useless. It may perform this function, however. I may have to try it, though I have a really good light meter. I have read several good reports of Bluetooth tethering with a cell phone. I guess some work better than others. The relatively high resolution display of the A43 is good for reading web pages. I even read part of a crime novel while waiting at the car wash. The size is subjective. It's a typical phone size, maybe a bit thinner, and the screen is very good in my opinion - easy to read and quite responsive to touch.

which phone(s) have you had luck with?
and could you test that meter for me i'd be very grateful if you did

CrunchyDoodle

Feb 16, 2011
Here are 191 reports on tethering to read through: Forum.ArchosFans.com - View topic - List of Bluetooth tethering phones that work on Froyo :)

I will give a light meter application a try and see what happens. I have my semi-pro legacy light meter to compare it to.

UPDATE: The A43 does not have a light sensor, which the light meter application wants to see. So - no go.

which phone(s) have you had luck with?
and could you test that meter for me i'd be very grateful if you did

Last edited:

kid-a429

Dec 8, 2010