Archos 48 touchscreen issues

covesounds

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I've just bought an archos 48 tablet and am finding the touch screen really unresponsive. I have updated the firmware and recalibrated the screen but its still not good. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Would trying to upgrade to Android 2.2 make a difference?
Thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
If you decide to go to a Cyanogen Firmware for the 48, you will lose all of the Media capabilities of the 48 and also storage access to the 500Gb is a bit more of a problem. The A48 is a crippled A5a with Android 1.6. You will have to install other Media players for music and video.
My A5 is fairly responsive, but remember Resistive screens (pressure based) are less responsive than capacitive. The 48 was really designed as a LARGE media player more than an Android Tablet.

covesounds

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks, really don't want to lose the media functionality. That was half the reason I bought it, thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to live with it. Does only having Android 1.6 mean I'll have less apps available to download? There dont seem to be many in the applib?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have installed Android Market and Amazon Market on mine. 1.6 is not a limitation. Search for the app Market4Archos.apk. That should put Market on the 48. You will not be able to use Flash, but can play Angry Birds. But NOT RIO.