Archos 7 - in need of help

allangf

Jun 14, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm Allan, complete novice at android tablets, and really anything technical at all. I'm from just outside Glasgow in the UK. I have two tablets, a Coby Kyros 7022 running Ice Cream Sandwich, and an Archos 7 HT running Eclair. I'm having a bit of a problem with the Archos over the last couple of days.

Two days ago, I installed the firmware update from the archos website. Everything seemed to be working fine. Yesterday, I noticed that appslib had disappeared so I followed the usual instructions to reinstall (appslib.com/latest) but everytime I tried I got the message:

"An SD card is required to download Appslib_2.apk"

I've never had an SD card in the device, so can't understand why it would ask me for one now.

Then I realised that literally everything I tried to download was coming up with the same error message.

So I hooked it up via usb and tried to install that way. However when I go into the file explorer on the archos, it is showing that I have literally no files at all. I can see them all when I look at it on the pc, but not on the device.

So today, I thought that I would try re-installing the firmware in case I had done something wrong. And now, it won't connect via USB. I plug it in, the PC makes the "ba-ding" noise, but it seems to think that it's a CD drive, it comes up with the "please insert a disc into drive G" when I try to open it. I'm not getting any notification in the taskbar on the device that it's connected via USB.

Sorry if these problems have already been covered elsewhere, but I've spent the whole day searching for a solution and can't find anything anywhere. I've even been on the phone to the archos technical helpdesk but I don't think the guy had ever heard seen an archos 7 as he was telling me to press buttons that don't exist. He said he would call back with a solution, and needless to say I'm still waiting.

Really appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks in advance :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Allan, congratulations on your new tablets and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Archos Home Tablets forum for you, where more people with Archos 7 tablets are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

allangf

Jun 14, 2012
Thanks very much Spider, however a very helpful member on the ArchosFans page was good enough to give me instructions on how to get round this - all working again now :)