Archos 7 model number reports as CMP 738a - is this right?

shumphreys

Sep 25, 2012
Please accept my apologies, just posted this to the froyo section but then saw this forum - sadly not able to delete post from the other place

Hi

Recently purchased this to play with Android. Tablet seems buggy, frequent crashes, wifi is very slow and I'm wondering if the image on the device is incorrect and am looking at alternatives to see if they offer an improvement but I need to check which model I ahve ....

. Looking up the model number it says it is CMP 738a which when i search for this on Google find it relates to a completely different tablet. Uh? The system Tutorial page says "Learn how to use your A70BHT" so I assume I have a v2 ...? Is that safe to assume before applying any firmware image?

Also,

Android version 2.2.1
Kernel version 2.6.25 (rockchip 281x version release v1.08(Archos))
Build no froyo 1.0.0

start up screen has BirdieBNL in bottom right hand corner so I guess that was applied at some point. i see other posts say it is the bees knees but I'm yet to be convinced and would like to try out some alternatives and would rather not brick it on the first attempt :)

Thanks for any help and advice

shumphreys

Sep 25, 2012
Cheers. worked it out that the BirdieBNL is built from a CMP738a image hence that being shown. reflashed the firmware with Eclair from the Archos website and now running like a dream, m uch faster and smoother. perhaps there was something amiss with the previous installation.