Archos 70 250gb flat battery issues

simon09040

Mar 3, 2012
Tried to switch on my Archos 70 250gb this morning, but no avail due to a flat battery ( I think!! )...so plugged it in to charge at 9am, and it is still charging / wont switch on.....as I type this at 7pm, it wont switch on by any method.....any ideas anyone???

This is my third tablet as the the previous two was returned to the suppliers due to the same issue, charging continously, and refusing to switch on....and I think this one is going to also be returned with the same fault, and this was even after contacting Archos themselves.....and I wont be getting another

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Here is a critical question which must be asked. Are you using the Factory supplied Charger or charging connected to a PC or a Third Party charger? I have seen many tablets (Archos especially) which can trickle charge from a PC or the Factory charge, but is not happy with a non-factory charger due to the amperage of the charger. While it may be 5V, it may go from 300mA to 8A. Too little or too much can burn out the voltage regulator circuitry on the Battery.
Archos generally should have the Battery fully charged before using it for the first time. I learned that the hard way.

HellKev

Apr 13, 2012
I had a Problem with charging my archos i found the solution was to warm up the devce before charging it. sometimes when the battery get to cold it won't charge, so warm it up on a hot water bottle.