Archos 70 Internet Tablet or iPod Touch?

ITweijie

Sep 2, 2011
I'm looking for a device that allows me to watch videos, play game and surf the net.

I'm thinking of getting Archos 70 because I'm an Android fan. But my brother told me if I don't get the iPod Touch, I will regret seriously.

Which device should I get?

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
I'm looking for a device that allows me to watch videos, play game and surf the net.

I'm thinking of getting Archos 70 because I'm an Android fan. But my brother told me if I don't get the iPod Touch, I will regret seriously.

Which device should I get?

You need to decide if the larger size of the Archos is important, or you want to put the device in your shirt pocket (iPod Touch).

If the larger size (7" screen) is good for you, the Archos has these advantages (besides the flexibility of the Android OS):
MicroSD card slot for memory expansion, etc.
Video apps support more formats.
Built-in leg stand.
Dual-boot Linux Android and Linux Angstrom.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Based on my experience with a tablet (and an iPod Touch) I've found that gaming is usually better on the handheld device; simply due to it's size.

However, for movie watching and web browsing, tablets are king.
Again, however, the gaming experience remark is based on a 10.1" tablet - a 7" may be quite a bit better (although it doesn't have too much processing power).

ent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

ITweijie

Sep 2, 2011
Based on my experience with a tablet (and an iPod Touch) I've found that gaming is usually better on the handheld device; simply due to it's size.

However, for movie watching and web browsing, tablets are king.

Again, however, the gaming experience remark is based on a 10.1" tablet - a 7" may be quite a bit better (although it doesn't have too much processing power).

ent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum
So which device you recommend?