Archos 70 Slow Boot

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I've updated to 2.2, all running well, but seems to bog down quickly, so I have to use killer often

It is extremely slow booting, and I have discovered it is reading all my multimedia files (photos etc) during boot.
Is there any way to speed this up, as I would rather not delete my photos and songs if possible.

Thanks for any help
:confused:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Ah the dreaded multi-media scan. This is a known issue and has been reported from reading other forums. It seems to start for some ppl and never stop. It is only supposed to start and run when new media is added. This is supposed to be fixed in the next Firmware which is due in the next few weeks is my guess. If you go to Archos and look at Firmware history. It is amazing how many firmware revisions since October. And they start with a Version 1.0.xx It would not surprise me if it was up to a 3.0.xx at this rate by summer.

By the way, as far as I am aware, there still is no specific fix yet. I have read is to complete a manual scan. But I am not sure the process is completing and that is why you do the manual scan for media.

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Thanx. Have done a manual scan, and completed, but then when I boot up, it says updating, and takes about 3-4mins to finish this.