Archos 7HT not recognized by computer via usb cable - help?

jsnowash

Mar 30, 2011
I have a new Archos 7HT... I was initially able to connect the tablet to my pc with the included USB cable, but now for some reason, when I connect the tablet to the PC -- nothing... the PC doesn't seem to recognize it in any way. I haven't modified the tablet in any way other than installing a few apps. Any suggestions???

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have to ask the basic questions. Did you try it with a different USB cable? Is this Version 1-Cupcake or Version 2-Eclair? Press the reset button? I know it is not a hardware freeze, but have seen some situations where the reset button fixed issues. It does not wipe the FW.

Hardryve

Mar 28, 2011
I have a new Archos 7HT... I was initially able to connect the tablet to my pc with the included USB cable, but now for some reason, when I connect the tablet to the PC -- nothing... the PC doesn't seem to recognize it in any way. I haven't modified the tablet in any way other than installing a few apps. Any suggestions???
Also you might want to try to do a cache/junk clean-up first then restart your computer,make sure your usb debugging isnt checked and host mode is unchecked,then try it and you should get the green guy saying "Turn On USB Storage",if not try factory reset in options.Your USB driver might be corrupted,always make sure you safely remove usb storage device,before unplugging it.

Last edited: