Archos 80 G9 firmware will NOT update

alecz420420

Feb 4, 2012
Hello everybody, my name is Alex, I am new to the forum as you can see. I bought my wife the Archos 80 G9 for Christmas. Everything has been running well, or as expected at least. The tablet is just over a month old. Within the first week of owning there was a firmware update from 3.2.77 to 3.2.78. I downloaded the official .AOS from Archos.com, everything went smoothly, no problems. A few weeks later 3.2.79 was released. I went through the same steps previously mentioned, downloaded the .aos, transferred it to the tablet, followed the on-screen instructions, it said it had successfully updated the frmware and will reboot, when it boots backup, i go to settings > about and to my dismay firmware version is still 3.2.78 and notifies me of a firmware update. I have tried multiple times and methods to the same result. And since then, 3.2.80 has been released and it STILL will not successfully update. Has anyone else had thisnproblem? Any fixes? PLEASE help!!! Thank you in advance! Cheers from Kentucky

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Not have seen that precise thing. You have some flag internally flipped which normally gets reset during update. Have your tried just an OTA update (settings, about, check for Update) what does that do?

alecz420420

Feb 4, 2012
when i go to settings > about > check for update, it says an update is available, will start the download but fails around 0... i have no other problems with the tablet, buht this is driving me absolutely NUTS!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2012
I'm having the exact same issue.
I got to Settings>About Tablet>Firmware Upgrade

It will begin to downoad and stops at 50%. I have tried and tried again and it won't complete the download.
I feel your pain Alex. I'm frustrated as well. Hopefully somebody has a solution.

Feb 10, 2012
If anyone is still having issues go to the Archos website. I upgraded without a problem.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Android Tablet Forum