Archos Outs Large New Lineup of Several Tablets, a Smartphone & More Ahead of IFA

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Aug 30, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

Jan 5, 2011

Archos decided to jump the gun with the announcement of their entire lineup of new Android products. They will be debuting the devices at IFA in Germany next week, but they decided to share details a bit early in a press release. The list of devices is extensive and includes several tablets, a smartphone and potentially a smartwatch. Here's the full press release below,

2. edap

edap Senior Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Wasaga Beach, Ontario CANADA
    Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    Well, well, well.
    I had seriously hoped this would happen, and I'm crossing my fingers regarding the announcement of the Gamepad 2. As someone who, to this day, is seriously considering the OG Gamepad, it is an enticing idea that a similarly priced, albeit updated version could be on the horizon.
    Before anyone freaks out, I am fully aware of the shortcomings of the Gamepad, but I'm hoping Archos read the reviews and is revising, because slightly better controls, fixed firmware, increased battery life, and more internal storage would make it a viable device, and most of that stuff doesn't need to increase the price all that much. All that is hardware dependent is the battery and storage. Storage, as we know, is insanely cheap, and there already exists a mod for the OG Gamepad that can triple the battery life with a $20 battery. Consider that as an OEM, Archos can acquire these parts at low cost in bulk, and we could have a $200 device that can really compete.
    Now, we just have to get Archos to release their products on time...