are $100 ebay tablets any good? looking for a 5"

97guns

Jun 14, 2011
i have a desktop and laptop that i use for home and a netbook that i will take with me traveling but am looking for something smaller and the 5" units caught my attention. just wondering if the $100 ebay machines are any good. im looking at a ramos T11AD or T11PRO or the NOVO5. any insight would be appreciated, i dont know alot about tablets other than i want an entry level machine without breaking the bank.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Something along the lines of the Archos 5IT, an older tablet but very capable. I wonder if they ever updated past 1.6...

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

designcigsky

Jun 15, 2011
Anyway, I think it is a little expensive for such kind of tablet PC, there are even 7" google android 2.2 tablet PC sold at the price of $78, including shipping on some online stores, for example, you can search from Pickegg.com.

amy822

May 20, 2011
Well..I found a 7" tablet on PickEgg only needs about $78, which has the similar configs. So I'm gonna compare these two for your reference.

Exactly same things:
Android 2.2 operating system
CPU: Via m8650 ARM11 800MHz
Memory: DDR 256MB
Storage Capacity: 2GB
Support Flash 10.1
WiFi, external 3G function

Different things:
The ebay one has 5 inch screen, pickegg one has 7 inch screen, but the resolution is the same.
The ebay one doesn't have a webcam, the pickegg one has a 0.3MP webcam.

That's how much I can tell from the details on both websites. And to answer your questions, yes, I think this 5 inch tablet should be good, but it seems you can get a better one at less cost. Btw here's the url of the pickegg tablet, incase you want to compare it yourself.:)

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
One should think about buying a tablet with these low spec..
{Memory: DDR 256MB
Storage Capacity: 2GB}..

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
the reason i recommend the coby they have a big android community working on Rom's, many users who are getting into android don't do their home work on the tablet that they intend to buy, why buy a tablet that has no dev helping with roms, I would strongly recommend not to buy that Ramos T11 tab..