Are Chinese Tablets just as good as Samsung, Sony, etc?

DeniseG

May 18, 2012
I wanted to get a Sony Tablet S but the refurb 16 gb model is no longer available.

Now I am looking at Chinese tablets but I heard the firmware is not as good as brand name tablets.

I am looking for a tablet that is 9 inches or bigger, good resolution and a decent camera.

I am leery of purchasing a Chinese tablet, not being reliable and having to return it.

If someone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

macthecat

May 16, 2012
DeniseG said:
I wanted to get a Sony Tablet S but the refurb 16 gb model is no longer available.

Now I am looking at Chinese tablets but I heard the firmware is not as good as brand name tablets.

I am looking for a tablet that is 9 inches or bigger, good resolution and a decent camera.

I am leery of purchasing a Chinese tablet, not being reliable and having to return it.

Thank you!

Hi denise
As long as you choose carefully chinese tablet are every bit as good as a named brand, I have on onda vi40 which IS have found to be a really good piece of kit, there is great support on forum such as this and a good range of firmware available. There is a new generation of dual core tablet such as the smartq, ainol and indeed a dual core vesion of the vi40 now available which offer greatly improved performance at a very reasonable price, the trick is to find a reliable supplier' and you should have a good experience.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
In my opinion, you get what you pay for. I have an Asus branded tablet, and I love it. It does all I need and more. I had an issue with a speaker imbalance and was able to easily return it for an exchange locally. I have heard lots of folks who get a Chninese one that has issues, but it will cost almost as much to ship it back for return as they paid for it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The return cost,time,effort and aggravation is the downside of buying a tablet from halfway around the world. I think the quality is as good as any name brand tablet. Any tablet can break down, the difference is when a repair is required, a local repair or exchange is cheaper than one halfway around the world.

With that said, I only buying china made tablets, I have tried the local ones and they simple don't impress me like china made tablets, most local tablets companies are very slow at putting out updates, they almost always lag behind china tablets. If local tablet companies got on the ball rather than drop the ball, the china tablets would be obsolete.
The china tablet will have jellybean way before local tablets. Beside the nexus tablet.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
You can buy Chinese tablets locally, e.g. iDeaUSA from Fry's Electronics stores, so the return process (if you need to) is easier.
They also sell some other brands there.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
You can buy Chinese tablets locally, e.g. iDeaUSA from Fry's Electronics stores, so the return process (if you need to) is easier.
They also sell some other brands there.

Good to know, thanks!

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012

Thank you!

Hi DeniseG, we are supporting vendor of Androidtablets.net, would you please be more specific on the tablet you want so that I may recommend some models to you? However, the dual core tablets are something you can't miss: Dual Core Android Tablets - Huge Selection of Dual Core Tablets PCs - Free S/H!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011

Thank you!
hello, i believe that most chinese tablets are up there with the majority of big brand name tablets. basically nearly all tablets are manufactured in china anyway. the big brands just cost more because they sell bulk abroad to the big sellers & offer better access when things go wrong. ie; just return to store. yes it can cost 430/30 dollars to return a chinese tab but the difference in price & likelihood of needing to do this make it much less of a hassle. the major problem with chinese tablets arent the tabs themselves , but from whom you buy it. there are many sellers offering lowest prices & free shipping etc but many of these are purely profit orientated. there are some good suppliers such as the supporting vendors on this forum. they offer after sales support such as upgrades, problem solving etc & seem to be honest, friendly & reliable. being on a low budget i had no option but to buy chinese & i have been very impressed. i have been into big stores over here & tested my tab against ipad, samsung,motorola etc & i find that my tab (at the time the only one with ics 4 ) beat them for speed, looks and specifications barring the dual core cpu's that the big tabs had. tho i saw no difference in speed,etc. now chinese tabs are sold with these cpus also at much lower prices, but i find them unnecessary in the real world.(unless youre a gaming junkie).
so finding the right tab & right supplier are more important i think.
this, according to what youre looking for, i think fits the bill perfectly from a seller i trust & recommend using them several times i paid a little extra & had the peace of mind of a fast reliable courier service. that choice is up to you but i would recommend it myself.
here is my link hope you find what youre looking for.

Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC With IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC With IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [VI40] - $223.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consu

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
I have personally purchased 3 Upgraded Zenithink C91 tablets from a wonderful dealer in Illinois. The dealer has been incredibly helpful and immediately accessible (Friends had given me money to buy two of these, and I bought one for my own personal use). My wife purchased an Idolian TouchTab 10 (Same tablet-different name) from a dealer in California. I've had great experiences with them as well. I personally configured all four of these tablets. One of them had problems, I sent it it back and had a replacement in hand in less than a week without any sweat.

All of these tablets are running ICS 4.03 flawlessly. The build quality is very good, I have two friends who have Ipads. Truth to say, they are impressed by the fact that my tablet not only keeps up with theirs, but does things that theirs can't do. One of the guys in my house has a XOOM running ICS 4.03 (Very favorable comparison). I was working on a Lenovo laptop last night, it's colour saturation was nowhere near as good as the Zenithink, and the tablet handles embedded graphics better than the laptop does.

With the way tablet prices are going, the most expensive of these tablets cost me $225, the cheapest was $155. These are very good Chinese tablets with all the bells and whistles that I highly recommend after 5 months of very hard use.

Rob

Last edited:

DeniseG

May 18, 2012
I have personally purchased 3 Upgraded Zenithink C91 tablets from a wonderful dealer in Illinois. The dealer has been incredibly helpful and immediately accessible (Friends had given me money to buy two of these, and I bought one for my own personal use). My wife purchased an Idolian TouchTab 10 (Same tablet-different name) from a dealer in California. I've had great experiences with them as well. I personally configured all four of these tablets. One of them had problems, I sent it it back and had a replacement in hand in less than a week without any sweat.

All of these tablets are running ICS 4.03 flawlessly. The build quality is very good, I have two friends who have Ipads. Truth to say, they are impressed by the fact that my tablet not only keeps up with theirs, but does things that theirs can't do. One of the guys in my house has a XOOM running ICS 4.03 (Very favorable comparison). I was working on a Lenovo laptop last night, it's colour saturation was nowhere near as good as the Zenithink, and the tablet handles embedded graphics better than the laptop does.

With the way tablet prices are going, the most expensive of these tablets cost me $225, the cheapest was $155. These are very good Chinese tablets with all the bells and whistles that I highly recommend after 5 months of very hard use.

Rob

Thank you Rob and for all of the responses to my question. :)

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
If I were in the market to buy another tablet I would look long and hard at this.
The house having purchased 3 of the ICOO D50s in the last month has us convinced that ICOO is a solid brand. The following is their 9.7 inch offering.

$51-wp0D1yjL.jpg$41SzIEt1TWL.jpg

[h=2]Product Details[/h]
  • Product Dimensions: 9.6 x 0.5 x 7.5 inches ; 1.3 pounds
  • Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
  • ASIN: B007VXTDEI
  • Item model number: D90W

[h=2]Product Description[/h] General Specs

Brand : ICOO
Model : D90W
Product Type : Tablet PC
Operating System : Android 4.0
Processor Type : A10
Chip : Quanzhi A10
Processor Clock Speed : 1.5G
Cache Memory : 1G
RAM/Technology : DDR3
Display Technology : IPS
Display Diagonal Size : 9.7'
Camera : 1.3M pixels main camera, 2.0M pixels vice camera
Max Resolution : 1024x768
Application : Android market

Storage and Expansion
Hard Drive Capacity : 16GB

Battery & Power
Battery Type : 7400mAh
Power Device Type : AC Adapter

Input/ Output Connectors
USB Port : 1 x USB2.0
Audio Port : 1 x 3. 5mm earphone jack
Video Port : 1 x USB
HDMI Port : 1 x Output HDMI
Card Interface : TF card
DC Input : 1 x DC 5 V

Communications
Networking : External 3G, Wi-Fi
Wireless Connection : Wi-Fi
Wireless Protocol : 802.11 a/b/g/n

Additional Features
Vedio Format Support : MP4/AVI/3GP/FLV/ RM /MKV/RMVB
Image Format Support : JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF
Audio Format Support : MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC/APE/ ACC
Ebook Format Support : TXT/PPT/PDF/WORD
Languages : English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian

Product Details (without package and accessories)
Dimensions 24 x 18.8 x 0.6 cm
Weight 582 g

Package Details
Weight: 1122.43 g :
Size: 26.1*23.3*5 cm :

Package Includes
* Tablet :
* Earphones :
* USB Cable :
* Adapter :
* User Manual :
[h=2]Product Features and Technical Details[/h] [h=3]Product Features[/h]
  • CPU: All Winner A10, 1GHz, Cortex A8; GPU: Mali 400
  • Operation System: Android 4.0
  • Screen Size: 9.7"
  • Screen Type: Capacitive Screen, Support 5 points touch
  • ROM: 16GB Nand Flash
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

• RAM: 1 GB
Graphics and Display

• LCD Native Resolution: 1024x768
Cases and Expandability

• Size (LWH): 9.57 inches, 0.47 inches, 7.48 inches
  • Weight: 1.26 pounds

The D50 has 8gig on board SSD and can take another 16SD card. This one has 16SSD and probably another 16 to 32 SD card.
The cameras are not much but neither is the camera on the D50 and it takes better pictures than my phone that has a 5mpx camera. Not sure why that is except maybe just that my phone is a piece of dog poop.
Anyway, if you can find one of these or would like a link to the sight I got this info from just ask and I'll send you a PM with the link.

Last edited:

tomsecreto

Aug 25, 2011
Androidfonefan said:
If I were in the market to buy another tablet I would look long and hard at this.
The house having purchased 3 of the ICOO D50s in the last month has us convinced that ICOO is a solid brand. The following is their 9.7 inch offering.

The D50 has 8gig on board SSD and can take another 16SD card. This one has 16SSD and probably another 16 to 32 SD card.
The cameras are not much but neither is the camera on the D50 and it takes better pictures than my phone that has a 5mpx camera. Not sure why that is except maybe just that my phone is a piece of dog poop.
Anyway, if you can find one of these or would like a link to the sight I got this info from just ask and I'll send you a PM with the link.

Lenovo has always made some of the best business class devices back to the IBM Thinkpad. The spec's are great considering you get a full SD card (which are cheaper and have larger capacities), full USB 2.0 port and a solid build quality.

I bought early for testing purposes and use the Acer A500 which has all of the ports and runs well except their customer service is not ready for prime time and therefore could not be used for corporate deployment.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I wouldn't buy any Chinese made products, the go faulty in no time.

Do you know any American-made Android Tablets? Preferably one that is made in Washington DC on Pennsylvania Ave? Can't get more American than that! Lol.