Are drivers available to install in 2.2 ??

fred615

Dec 26, 2010
I've bought a range extender for my tablet for WiFi and it plugs into the Host USB port on my tablet (UPAD variant). But it doesn't work as it should due to either not enough available power OR my tablet doesn't have the appropriate driver, according to the retailer of the extender.

So my question is: is it possible to get the necessary driver from Google and install it on my 2.2 tablet?

Fred615

:confused:

Jun 23, 2011
I am unaware of any available external peripherals for Android 2.x Tablets. Android 3 began OS support for peripherals.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Android Tablet Forum

RJazz117

Jun 19, 2011
Other than the wireless keyboard/mouse I'm using on my tablet right now, and the USB mouse I used before, I am unaware of any drivers for any external hardware for these devices...but clearly some exist. :)

RJazz117

Sent from my Sylvania 10" Magni Tablet using Android Tablet Forum.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If no one here is able to help, I'd pursue it further via the retailer and/or the manufacturer. It would seem it's their responsibility to support their product. In the PC/Windows world, I've never purchased a device that didn't come with all the necessary drivers or a link to a download location for them.