Are there alternative launchers available? Are they worth it?

Mojorising

Dec 30, 2011
I am getting used to my new V tab and am happy with it. I also have a Samsung Galaxy 2 and prefer the touchwiz
Launcher to the Vizio ui. I have read that the zeam is good, however, when I tried to download
It it said that my tablet wasn't compatible. Any options? Suggestions?

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
I have a Galaxy 10.1 Wi-Fi model. While I liked many of the touch wiz features, I hated many applications wouldn't "rotate". I also don't like the native "all different" icons. I use Go Launcher on my tablet. They made it compatible with larger screens. Many touchwiz features are still there.

On my OG Droid, I use Liquid Smooth ROM, and a MIUI Launcher.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

markyoung04

Dec 29, 2011
I have tried all of them I found go launcher laggey on switching to the main menu....ADW Launcher has been flawless on my A500 tablet and Galaxy Nexus phone. By far the best and the presets make setting up a snap

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I'm using VLT, it's based on AWD and works similarly but not as feature rich. I haven't heard of anyone having good luck with ADW.

craigerd2

Nov 5, 2011
Started using go launcher and k9 mail and they made my vtab 100% more useable.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Cleny95

Dec 10, 2011
Just dowmloaded and installed ics4. 0 launcher looks and works good if you get force close follow the instructions from the dev

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
I am getting used to my new V tab and am happy with it. I also have a Samsung Galaxy 2 and prefer the touchwiz
Launcher to the Vizio ui. I have read that the zeam is good, however, when I tried to download
It it said that my tablet wasn't compatible. Any options? Suggestions?

You can download zeam launcher directly from the link at the end of the first post in the following thread:

[APP] Zeam Launcher 3.1.10 - xda-developers

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
OMG. I downloaded GoLauncher and have spent the better part of this weekend customizing it and downloading more apps. For me, truthfully, the default launcher was way more streamlined and convenient once I figured out the apps were listed in alphabetic order. I'd created tabs for different categories (travel, shopping, assistants, media, games, etc.), which was working pretty well. However, the new GoLauncher theme I picked is really pretty. I created different pages like before and like these better cause I can have widgets, which are way cool. It's finally gotten where I indicated that GoLauncher is the default launcher. A whole dang weekend!!!!! lol

YoungGun

Dec 26, 2011
I'm using Go Launcher. When I go to try and change my background, I dont see all the pics I have on my tablet. How do I pick a custom background? Where should I put the image file at?

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I was able to use one of my photos as a back ground by posting it to my picasa page and then through the browser asigning it as the wall paper. after rebooting I had my new wallpaper!

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
Just trying the new "ss launcher" on phone. Loving it. Says "not available" for tablet, but I may dropbox the apk anyway. Looks really nice and clean ...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I'm using VLT, it's based on AWD and works similarly but not as feature rich. I haven't heard of anyone having good luck with ADW.

I use this launcher as well. The difference between most all other launchers and VTL.Launcher https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vtlab.launcher&feature=search_result
is the VTL was done specifically for Tablets where most if not all the other launchers were done for phones. They will work on tablets yes, but they make the tablet look like a huge Android phone, where VTL makes your tablet look like a Tablet.
And for me, and for the 3 dollars, I say VTL.Launcher was worth every last penny.