Are they multi-touch?

timmyx

May 2, 2011
Are these WM8650 generally multi-touch, e.g. can you zoom a picture or a web page by spreading two fingers over the screen?
I've noticed that some sellers give option of buying multi-touch device for 4$ extra (still resistive screen, but they claim multi-touch), which seams to be quite low for that nice feature. Are the WM8650 devices that you bought from Ebay multi-touch or not?

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
Are these WM8650 generally multi-touch, e.g. can you zoom a picture or a web page by spreading two fingers over the screen?
I've noticed that some sellers give option of buying multi-touch device for 4$ extra (still resistive screen, but they claim multi-touch), which seams to be quite low for that nice feature. Are the WM8650 devices that you bought from Ebay multi-touch or not?

Yes and No. They are called Two-Point touch and they are sort of a blend between one point and multi-point. They will do pinch zoom in and spread zoom out but thats about it. if you try using a piano app and pressing two keys at the same time, the device will regester this as a single point in the middle of where your fingers are. handy for web browsing and picture viewing but not much else.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
What is the difference in technology between two-point and Multi-touch?

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
Multi-touch requires synaptic sensors at minimum and a capacitive touch screen to really shine...the downside to it is that generally such things prohibit a traditional stylus though this can be overcome by using a specially designed stylus. it really depends on what you want to do.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Ah. See I thought that capacitive multi-touch was just using two sensors ever few pixels or something...idk.