Are you Getting A Nook Color 2? [Poll]

Will you be getting a Nook Color 2?

• I am totally getting one!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Depends on specs/price

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Depends on rootability

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have a Nook Color who need anything else?

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Let's get this new sub-section kicked off! What does a Nook Color 2 need for you to take the plunge?

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
If the NC2 has a camera and at least a Tegra 2, I will buy it. I use my NC daily, but am ready for an upgrade. If the NC2 isn't a large enough leap forward for me, I'm going to have to get a Transformer Prime or an iPad3...Hate to say it, but the new super high resolution display for the iPad3 has me very interested. Samsung is developing a screen with the same res, but it's not due out for another year. I'm getting antsy. January is my purchase month.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I can't think of anything that would make me buy it. I'm really happy with my Nook Color.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I would really like a camera and microphone, (think Skype), if it has that I will probably pick one up.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I would really like a camera and microphone, (think Skype), if it has that I will probably pick one up.

Depends on specs the new version of the samsung galaxy 7 looks mighty good - i am currently using the 10.1 version and loving it

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Microphone, sim card, open market

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Aug 9, 2011
Probably not. Both my wife and I have the Nook Colors (Stock Rooted for her and CM7 for me) and love them. My HP Touchpad just got delivered (I couldn't pass up the $99 deal) and will get a large dose of CM7 when I get home. I just cannot justify another $200-$250 for yet another tablet that I will just go and put CM7 on.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
I voted "depends on the specs and price", my guess is it will be competitively priced and will give the Kindle Fire a good run for the money!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
The question at the beginning of this thread is: - What does the nook color 2 need to have for you to take a plunge- and I just said what I want for my next tablet.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Why do you think the Nook would ever have a SIM card? SIM cards are for GSM based cellphones and the like. I seriously doubt the Nook will ever be offered with 3G.

I know the nook 2 is not going to have a sim card...... it was just another way to say that I'm not interested.

tonyp

Nov 1, 2011
Well, call me curious. I did a pre-order on the Nook Tablet after pouring through everything I could find for it, the Fire, and the Lenovo A1. While I was really drawn to the A1 because of the cams, and the Fire because of the Amazon ecosystem, I picked the Tablet for the following reasons:
  1. With any luck the Tablet will be as easily rootable as previous Nook devices, ultimately allowing me to use the Amazon apps for my Prime account
  2. The Tablet has a microSD slot
  3. I'm hoping the fancy laminated glass panel that the Tablet uses will make it the better choice as a reader
  4. The Tablet seems to have the best battery charge spec (on paper anyway)
Seeing as how there are only a very few customer reviews of the A1, and none yet for either the Fire or Tablet, I had some difficulty making a decision. Hope it'll work out.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
tonyp, I have a feeling you won't regret it. Especially when CM9 comes out and you are able to run ice cream sandwich :)

TheTabArena

Nov 16, 2011
And BTW, Motorola Xoom will be shipping for $399 this holiday season so its a great offer if u can spare a lil more cash!