Are you naked?

How naked are you?

• Sportin' my birthday suit - I like it the natural way!

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Gotta have a screen protector for a screen this large, but no bulky case for me!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Who needs a screen protector when your case can protect it?

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Protect that body & screen both! Who knows when you're going to drop it or get sand rubbing on it!

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

Jaxidian

Jan 7, 2011
I just bought a NC today. Missed the B&N sale (was my intention to catch it on sale) but I found a good eBay listing and nabbed it.

I intend to use it as a tablet and not as an eReader, in case that matters (my first tablet). I've got a Droid X and I can't imagine using that thing without a screen protector. I used to use a silicon case for protection but have since given up on that as I much prefer it with no case around it.

I'm wondering what the general concensus is about your NC and whether or not to keep it naked. And if not, then how clothed? Just a screen protector? Just a case? Both?

Would love to hear you chime in on this!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I have a zipper soft case and a screen protector. I recommend the screen protector as my screen started to scratch a bit.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Hey Jaxidian!! Nice to see a familiar name here from the droidxforums. I just jumped on this bandwagon as well, and should have mine tomorrow.

And even more a coincidence, I see your are from Indy! I'm in Muncie currently, but in Carmel all the time.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I must be cold-blooded because my NC is very clothed (both screen protector + case). This is despite the fact of having the B&N accidental coverage. I just dont like breaking or damaging things :D

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
If you care for you device at all you will have a screen protector on it.

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
No screen protector on mine, just a Kindle 2 Timbuk2 case that I bought on clearance at Amazon for carrying it around. I don't use a screen protector on my Evo, either--just don't like them at all.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
In the accessories thread they are talking about the screen protector fromB&N,the non glare one and they are happy with it also because it doesn't seems to gater fingerprints too fast. I have mine in one of the nook covers that opens like a book so I feel i it is protected enough.
Someone else bought the invisiShield meant for the hawuei s7 and he is happy. Best Buy sell it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

GrEn

Mar 4, 2011
I don't think I am going to be putting a screen protector on my NC. To me screen protectors (even properly applied) degrade the quality of the screen even though it isn't that much. For the NC one of the things that drew me to it was how good the screen is so the last thing I want to do is make it look worse. Since I am not going to be putting the device in my pocket or anything I feel that as long as I play it safe and take care of the NC the screen protector would just get in the way. Now I do have one on my EVO because of the fact that its going into my pocket all the time.

They do make invisibleSHIELD for the NC. I use an invisibleSHIELD on my EVO and I am happy with it.

Barnes and Noble Nook Color Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Voted for "Who needs a screen protector when your case can protect it?" but that is not exactly how I feel about the situation. I feel there is no need for a screen protector since the screen is glass but I love using a case to not only protect the rest of the NC (excluding the glass) but to carry extra accessories, cables, sd cards.

Love the poll btw.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
for home use, a B & N book type case, and for travel I use a waterfield case that the nook with the B & N cover on it fits in.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I have a sexy vinyl latex second skin over the body of my NC(made by InvisibleDefenders) and a casecrown soft case with zippered front pocket for accessories, but no screen protector. I wanted that silky smooth feel of that bare glass under my fingertips

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I have a sexy vinyl latex second skin over the body of my NC(made by InvisibleDefenders) and a casecrown soft case with zippered front pocket for accessories, but no screen protector. I wanted that silky smooth feel of that bare glass under my fingertips

Get a room Vic. :)

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Didnt I read somewhere that the Nook as GorillaGlass? If so, I probably wont use a screen protector. GorillaGlass is some pretty awesome stuff. Its what is on the X and it has stood up to a fair amount of abuse, without even the slightest hairline scratch. (knock on wood!)