arnova 10b error

s90skank

Dec 5, 2011
Hello fellow androids users.|I have a archos arnova 10b . only had it a month now getting .(process android.process acore has stopped error)
tried the reset button. connected through pc delete any apps that might cause the problem. no joy more activity after deleting some apps.
not a bad machine for the price. i thought ! any ideas how to solve this problem.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. I'm moving your post to the Archos Tablets section to see if anyone can help you solve the problem Good Luck!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
It could be an app you just loaded, it could be a firmware corruption. The best answer may be to reapply the Firmware. Go to Arnova.com and follow the instructions to download and install the correct firmware. This will eliminate the firmware corruption potential. If an application, you will need to boot into safe mode and wipe the applications and start over.

NeAnni

Dec 20, 2011
Ugh, Im Having The Same Problem And I Just Got Mine. Did You Ever Fin Out A Way To Fix It?

Grense

Jan 15, 2012
-edit-I found the fix for my dilemma - i had an android.process acore has stopped that wouldn't let me boot right and after research here's the fix(nice restore, all data i had was still there)-
follow arnovatech fw update(be sure you are using the micro-usb cable port, and the arnovas is fully charged, up to 8 hours to get green light instead of red) and after you've backed up any categorized media(i did but didn't have to, app settings get deleted i think), copy the img(I downloaded the one for arnova 10, not the one for 10b, it's worked so far, my camera dot is white like in the picture too) to the root(top-most directory) of arnova using windows file explorer. After copy, browse to separate drive(any) wait a sec, close the file explorer session, eject from windows computer by rightclicking the taskbar tiny icon(might be hidden, it's grouped by the clock in all windows PCs). After notification, wait 5-10 seconds, now unplug usb cable. Wait for the device to respond to it's new workset, do not press any buttons on arnova(it should start the restore process automatically, if it doesn't like i describe below, you have a different issue or make sure right firmware is found?), probably wait 30 seconds, if no message, tap the "force close" from android.process acore has stopped error, and wait 30 more seconds, message should display under a force close error from(android.process acore has stopped) click install real quick after tapping force close, system should recover now with yellow system text, takes 10-20 minutes, i plugged my power cord in at the end of the reset, probably ought to right before the final "force close,install" taps. if you find yourself trying the up-up-pause sequence, try it immediately before or after unplugging arnova from PC.

----below is the original post---
Staying on topic I want to point out that the arnova has a separate dl site, this model's firmware is not on Archos' website, it's only on arnovatech.com, if it will work with f/w from Archos site please specify which file. It won't perform restore from firmware download either, although i am able to see it as a drive through USB cable to main PC. I have a Arnova 10 (A101B with designed by Archos advertisement) . had it over a year now. Good buy for the rare times i want to surf remotely. Getting (process android.process acore has stopped error) at boot, whether plugged in or not. Resetting it seems to compound the problem, now it won't give me time to calibrate the screen before the system halts to before the GUI. tapping the ok button just pops up another identical error. this happened right after i installed 3 new apps, tried uninstalling the app that didn't work and now the symptoms that are described above. I'm thinking the culprit app is the one with opengl support, it' wasn't mentioned in the description until the app was actually started. i knew the Arnova 10 (A101B) likely wouldn't support opengl due to the lack of info for any support of it, no biggie to me, the few games I've found aren't worth the time it takes to click it. Looking up the reset procedure, I read the bottom note where it shows to ++p for the restore menu but doesnt work, I've tried all kinds of of combinations after many repeat of the vol+,vol+,pause attempts. Also note says full charge, light's sometimes red, mostly green now after so many failed attempts. Connected to USB and able to view what looks like the root, there's an Android direcory so the root in win7 is probably the root of the drive, so I downloaded the latest firmware from my main pc, used the tiny reset button on the Arnova 10 (A101B) to turn it off, because pressing power button would bring up the shutdown screen, but the overlaying (process android.process acore has stopped error) would prevent the device from recognizing taps in that menu area, only the (process android.process acore has stopped error) area, which only makes another (process android.process acore has stopped error) at boot pop up a split second later, and booted the Arnova 10 (A101B) through the USB cable to main PC. I was able to copy the firmware to it's root. According to the firmware instructions since i placed the file in the root, it should have initiated restore, but it didn't just to the (now same old) calibration screen with error (process android.process acore has stopped error) on top. I then tried root of sd card, repeat, same results.

Last edited: