Arnova 7G2 - how to get android market.

aussie2

Oct 9, 2011
I know this is asked a lot but if anyone knows a really easy way to get the market on the Arnova could they post how to here, I've looked around and no sites seem to have a definitive answer.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The desire and request for Market and any of the associated apps only available on Market (Skype, GMail, Google Maps,...) is one of the most common requests/questions by Arnova G2 owners. The Arnova is a different animal than the Archos Gen8 or Gen9 model series.
As far as I am aware, this is still in the works. Doing my own research has shown this is still the case 1 month on.
So, at this time, you are limited to AppsLib or Amazon's Appstore. There are substitutes, but not Skype, GMail.... Once there is a Market solution, I will post.
Be warned on two things.
1. Do not try Arctools or any of the other solutions to load/install Market. They will not work.
2. Do not try to sideload the desired app from a Torrent or an app repository. It may contain a trojan and may not be compatible. There are a number of malicious apks being dropped out on Torrents and non-approved app repositories. There is an estimate over 1/3 low cost Android tablets in China have a trojan of one type or another. Some are borderline harmless, others are full blown data capture and steal passwords and any private info on the tab.

Wigs

Nov 22, 2011
The desire and request for Market and any of the associated apps only available on Market (Skype, GMail, Google Maps,...) is one of the most common requests/questions by Arnova G2 owners. The Arnova is a different animal than the Archos Gen8 or Gen9 model series.
As far as I am aware, this is still in the works. Doing my own research has shown this is still the case 1 month on.
So, at this time, you are limited to AppsLib or Amazon's Appstore. There are substitutes, but not Skype, GMail.... Once there is a Market solution, I will post.
Be warned on two things.
1. Do not try Arctools or any of the other solutions to load/install Market. They will not work.
2. Do not try to sideload the desired app from a Torrent or an app repository. It may contain a trojan and may not be compatible. There are a number of malicious apks being dropped out on Torrents and non-approved app repositories. There is an estimate over 1/3 low cost Android tablets in China have a trojan of one type or another. Some are borderline harmless, others are full blown data capture and steal passwords and any private info on the tab.

I have an Arnova G2 and have tried to download apps from Amazon and had the message that the device (or country - sorry can't remember:eek:) wasn't supported. There just seems to be so many apps missing from the Apps Lib store it frustrating not being able to get more. Is there anything specific I need to do to enable me to use the Amazon apps store? Thanks for any advice you can give.

ronwbrown

Jan 5, 2012
Get the files HERE.
(NOTE: these files are for the Arnova 10 G2, but work great on the 7)

Extract the files, transfer the files and then install the apks using file manager in this order:

From the APPS folder (the only files you need)

1.Google Services Framework
2.OneTime Initializer
3.Setup Wizard
4.Talk
5.Gmail
6.Vending

Now POWER DOWN the device, and power up.. Walaah!! Google apps and market!!

oh... and YOUR WELCOME!! LMAO

Last edited:

dgpym54

Jan 10, 2012
HI Many thanks your advice solved my problem on getting Archos Arnova 7 G2 to run android market

David

Karen83

Jan 13, 2012
Hi,

I followed the instructions and everything seemed to work until it came to actually logging in, where I then kept getting an error message about being unabe to form a reliable data connection. In another forum, I found the exact same instructions, but advising to log into the Gmail account first, before trying out your newly installed market, once all was installed/completed/rebooted. I factory re-set my device (only had it 2 days so wasn't too worried about losing stuff as barely put anything on, anyway) I then repeated the given instructions, as well as following the additional instruction of logging into gmail account first and I had no problems and have used Market to download one app, so far and it seemed to work! Not sure if it's coincidental or the other step is necessary but either way it's working now! :)

Get the files HERE.
(NOTE: these files are for the Arnova 10 G2, but work great on the 7)

Extract the files, transfer the files and then install the apks using file manager in this order:

From the APPS folder (the only files you need)

1.Google Services Framework
2.OneTime Initializer
3.Setup Wizard
4.Talk
5.Gmail
6.Vending

Now POWER DOWN the device, and power up.. Walaah!! Google apps and market!!

oh... and YOUR WELCOME!! LMAO

hales78

Jan 13, 2012
I have the Arnova 7 G2. Could you provides an idiots step by step guide to what I need to do with regards to downloading the file that will allow me to to access the Marketplace please. Sorry don't know what you mean by extracting the files, transfer the files, etc. Where from?

Thanks

H

billynibbles

Jan 16, 2012
I have the Arnova 7 G2. Could you provides an idiots step by step guide to what I need to do with regards to downloading the file that will allow me to to access the Marketplace please. Sorry don't know what you mean by extracting the files, transfer the files, etc. Where from?

Thanks

H

I see where you're coming from. Firstly, you need to follow the green 'HERE' link to find a zipped version of the Google files, and download it to a location on your PC you can find again.

Then you need to extract the files from the single compressed .RAR file (sometimes referred to as unzipping) with a utility like WinZip WinRar or jZip, the latter being free. For example if you run jZip, it presents a screen that allows you to identify the .RAR file in question and gives you the option to extract its file content. This will cause the creation of all the .apk files you see above, eg. Google Services Framework etc not forgetting where they were extracted to!

Then you copy these files over on to your tablet whilst it is connected as a mass storage device via the USB lead to your PC (it should show up as a drive letter when using Windows Explorer). Again, I'm not sure it matters where you copy them to as long as you can find them with the tablet's File Manager once unplugged from the PC.

Then it's simply a matter of following the installation order as in the above posts.

ronwbrown

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks Karen83,

I read that too.. but I didn't need to log in first, so I thought it may have been a un-needed step. I suppose it is required for some. glad you posted, now if one way won't work, then the other will :)

Hi,

I followed the instructions and everything seemed to work until it came to actually logging in, where I then kept getting an error message about being unabe to form a reliable data connection. In another forum, I found the exact same instructions, but advising to log into the Gmail account first, before trying out your newly installed market, once all was installed/completed/rebooted. I factory re-set my device (only had it 2 days so wasn't too worried about losing stuff as barely put anything on, anyway) I then repeated the given instructions, as well as following the additional instruction of logging into gmail account first and I had no problems and have used Market to download one app, so far and it seemed to work! Not sure if it's coincidental or the other step is necessary but either way it's working now! :)

mae_79

Dec 31, 2011
got the market having issues with skype now any suggestions, i can hear, they can hear me but no video
and i do have a webcam

bsirol

Jan 18, 2012
an my Arnova 7c G2 all installations are ok but it does not work, google says device not supported :-(

ronwbrown

Jan 5, 2012
power it off, do not just slide the switch to the right.. hold it to the left until you see the power off screen.. then power up.

also I just noticed you have the "7c" thats the one with 3g? I am not sure if it works with that model.

an my Arnova 7c G2 all installations are ok but it does not work, google says device not supported :-(

Last edited: