arnova 8g2 and apps please help

redshed

Dec 25, 2011
Hi
we bought an Arnova 8g2 tablet for my daughters christmas present and have managed to link to the internet but cannot install any apps . When we go to the android market ,sign in and try to install an app it just says 'there are no android phones asociated with this account'
Help! what are we doing wrong or is this a problem with the device?

ossie

Jan 11, 2012
Hi
we bought an Arnova 8g2 tablet for my daughters christmas present and have managed to link to the internet but cannot install any apps . When we go to the android market ,sign in and try to install an app it just says 'there are no android phones asociated with this account'

I recently bought an 8G2 and initially was extremely confused with the same problem "No mobile associated with this account". If you did the same as me you went to "Android Market" which requires a google email account to be setup and this requires an Android Mobile telephone number.

To install app you need to use the AppsLib Application on your Arnova which I beleive is Archos's version of market place, significantly fewer apps available, but these install without issue generally, look for the ones that show "Approved" next to them as some apps are designed for smaller screens and look odd on the tablet screen.

Hope this helps.

Ossie.

jnewt74

Dec 16, 2010
Hi

the market is an older version but works very well.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Extract the files, transfer the files and then install the apks using file manager in this order:

-1.Google Services Framework -2.OneTime Initializer -3.Setup Wizard -4.Talk -5.Gmail -6.Vending

Installation of a custom rom, I have installed the first and second version of this rom. The first version was not much better then stock rom. The second version is very nice and I think you will like it. Fully rooted but you need to install the market with the same instructions listed above.