Article accusing Huawei of espionage.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This sounds like a poor excuse to exclude foreign companies from competing.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
We had a post on this a while ago on this very issue. No one seemed to make a big deal of it at the time.

Balcora

Feb 6, 2011
Lololololol, to be frank(hi I'm frank), after going through the radio firmware, id be increadibly surprised if they could pull it off, it was disgraceful code, true, it could all be an attempt to lul a false confidence, but I'm not a conspiracy theorist. And after seeing what usa sec can do, id doubt they would ever know if it did.

On the other hand, ill be looking at hauwei code more closely for sinister things, but I find it more likely that its the us complaining about being undercut by foreign manafacturers.
"Oh no, their stuff is cheaper because they are hacking us".

Thirdly, fudge off trying to impliment a dialhome in the chips microcode or something lower than radio or system firmware, people should know what the crap they are talking about before they jump on the commentary bandwagon.

Sent from my S7

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
I don't think these concerns are about fondle slabs.

More of a concern is having core telecoms kit with backdoors.

Don't get sucked into the 'all they are good at is copying', the prc is turning out millions of grads every year and whilst they aren't all genii, there lots of very bright guys among them.

Since Tienamen every Chinese grad has received one year of doctrine as a compulsory module of his/her degree. Some of them believe it all.

Pete, on the move...