[Article] Unwrapping Literacy 2.0: The Color Nook with Toddlers

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Although I’m very comfortable with and enjoy using new technology and products, I’m not the kind of person who runs out every time a new product is released. I still don’t have an iPad (although the new one about to be released is very tempting). I don’t have a Droid or smartphone. I am a Mac user though and will be forever.

All this being said, I am a book lover and, if you can’t tell from a visit to Book Dads, I’m just a tad book-obsessed as well. When the Color Nook was released I just wasn’t able to resist getting one. However, I wasn’t just going to buy one for myself, but also for my daughter Tessa. Although it didn’t stop me from buying one, I admit I was a little bit worried about Tessa becoming mesmerized with the Nook, and not wanting to look at her picture books any more. In our particular case and I think for other kids as well, it was a needless worry. If anything, Tessa spends even more time now pouring through the books on her shelf, and has developed an even greater love of books. But I believe that doesn’t have anything to do with the Nook — it has to do with me and my wife continuing to make ourselves available to read to her aloud.

So what makes the Color Nook worth getting for toddlers?.....
Source: Unwrapping Literacy 2.0: The Color Nook With Toddlers | Book Dads

Nice little read, cute story and really like the authors honest pros and cons on the device towards his daughter and her reading.