Associate nook color to android market

jnjpinto

Jul 9, 2011
I've rerooted nc twice and cannot download apps or recover the apps I previously downloaded. Attempted to change gmail address and received message that I have no android device associated with the e-mail address. Any ideas?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You must register for the market with the same GMail account you used to register your Nook.
If you've done that, you might try this:

These instructions appeared at the end of the Manualnooter instructions and they worked for me:

1. Start Nook Color Tools.
  2. Select the "All Settings" button.
  3. Unplug your NOOKcolor from computer. (If Plugged in.)
  4. Choose "Manage Applications" from the list.
  5. Select the "All" tab.
  6. Scroll down to "Market" and select it.
  7. Tap "Force stop".
  8. Tap "Clear cache".
  9. Tap the Back button if you have SoftKeys running, else swipe right to left on the status bar at the bottom of the screen (from the clock to the book icon).
  10. Scroll up to "Google Services Framework" and select it.
  11. Tap "Clear data".
  12. Tap "OK".
  13. Tap "Force stop".
  14. Press the n button to return to your launcher.
  15. Start Market.
  16. At the "An error has occurred" message, tap "OK".
  17. Hold your power button to turn off your NOOK Color from the menu.
  18. Turn your NOOK Color back on and give it a moment to find your WiFi connection.
  19. Start Market again, and the problem is resolved.
Good luck!

jnjpinto

Jul 9, 2011
Thanks for the response.
Since I'm new at this I wondered about nook color tools. After looking up the instructions for installing it, I think I'm over my head. Any other thoughts.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You say you attempted to change your GMail address. The address and password must be identical to the one you used to register your Nook with B&N.

jnjpinto

Jul 9, 2011
Thanks for getting back. Yes, the address and password are exact. Further complication is that market will only say any new downloads will soon be downloaded. It doesn't happen.