Assortment of new Cortex A8 Coby Tablets on Cobyusa.com?

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Amazon.com is showing these Coby Tablets available for pre-order with a target release date of March 15, 2011:

$190.99 Mid8025

Amazon.com: 8" Mid with android Os 4GB: Computer & Accessories

$172.99 Mid7026

Amazon.com: 7" Mid with android Os 4GB: Computer & Accessories

$172.99 Mid7025

Amazon.com: 7" Mid with android Os 4GB: Computer & Accessories

$259.99 Mid1025

Amazon.com: 10.1" Mid with android Os 4GB: Electronics

Thanks! Disappointing that Amazon is even skimpier on the specs than the Coby site (which seems to be the source of what little Amazon does list).

McGiles

Sep 6, 2010
Thanks dardoncas for the notice. I reserved the 8025 immediately. I almost pushed the button on the Herotab816 over at merimobiles because they apparently now have them back in stock but these new ones from Coby are what I really had my eye on.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
2 months ago, these were not ready. We will see how these turn out...

YouTube - Coby Kyros line of tablets at CES 2011.

http://www.mytabletlife.com/2011/01/17/video-coby-kyros-2011-lineup-ces-2011/

The news article got picked up by enough news sites that people are going to pay attention now.

I have done a little more research about S5PV210. It seems to actually have fastboot unlocked on units, meaning that it might make it easier to override root. Someone has to experiment with repacking the ramdisk (provided that it exists).

I am not sure how far you can get with getting Google apps on Android 2.3 to work right away. It wont be straightforward for a while.

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
Thanks dardoncas for the notice. I reserved the 8025 immediately. I almost pushed the button on the Herotab816 over at merimobiles because they apparently now have them back in stock but these new ones from Coby are what I really had my eye on.

No Problem. I've placed a preorder on the 8025 as well. Now we'll see how this all shakes out... :)

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
So the difference between the 7025 and the 7026 is the screen aspect ratio? Does Android support 4:3?
Android 2.1 has been doing it just fine on the white Pandigital Novel, and its Velocity Micro Cruz Reader clone at 800x600 - very nice for reading ebooks, and viewing PDF's (as nice as that inflexible document pig ever can be - did I mention I hate PDF? ;) ).

hellolucy

Mar 5, 2011
Hey guys I'm trying to find the site I found this info on but,
So Coby is making a capacitive version of the 7025 and 8025 later in 2011,
I was just wondering if later it came out and I wanted to take advantage of that, I'd have to sell the current 8025 that I'd be preordering and buy a new one.
Any comments would be great thanks :)..

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
Especially if these new 7" tabs aren't multi-touch. Who needs the horse power if you can't play multi touch games. If there is no multi-touch on these new coby's i will just buy the 7015 or the marvell gm10. Hell, I might buy that 100 job at cvs or the ouku tab.

Great news !

Any idea if it will be in the $150 price range ?

I'd gladly take a hit on the cpu speed for savings. 800Mhz is probably fine for most uses, I just want to browse the web really.

McGiles

Sep 6, 2010
No Problem. I've placed a preorder on the 8025 as well. Now we'll see how this all shakes out... :)

Do you think there will be a problem with the 4:3 format for some "critical" Android apps? I picked first the 7026 and then settled on the bigger 8025 because they would be better for book and web reading but could still be used for the occasional 16:9 movie (Not that keen on watching movies on the small devices and I'm used the letter box anyway was my logic).

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It will be fine for many apps. The resolution issue mostly affects some games. Most reading apps scale just fine.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
@xaueious
"I am not sure how far you can get with getting Google apps on Android 2.3 to work right away. It wont be straightforward for a while."

Could you not just side load the apks from the ones we already have retrieved from the market for the 7015?

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010

And so it starts! Amazon now lists the new Coby Tablets as "Currently Unavailable". The following is the response I received from Amazon Customer service:

AMAZON:Thanks for waiting.15:21:54

AMAZON:I've checked your order and can confirm 8" Mid with android Os 4GB is now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.15:22:05

AMAZON:As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

Me:Any idea how long back order may be?15:22:31

AMAZON:I'm very sorry. We're not sure when we'll be able to get more. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order

Anyone know if the Herotab M802 is worth purchasing?

jessrw

Feb 5, 2011
I pre ordered on the 5th and my estimated receive order is March 21 threw 25. Not sure if will change or not with the Coby 8025 showing unavailable.
Jessica