Assortment of new Cortex A8 Coby Tablets on Cobyusa.com?

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
I pre ordered on the 5th and my estimated receive order is March 21 threw 25. Not sure if will change or not with the Coby 8025 showing unavailable.
Jessica

I had pre ordered on the 5th as well with the estimated delivery of March 21 through March 25. From what they tell me, this will change as they have nothing in inventory from Coby (so I understand anyway).

jessrw

Feb 5, 2011
This is not good. I had ordered the 7015 from Wal Mart and few days after I received noticed the pre order from Amazon and I am returning the 7015 and hoping to receive the 8025 from Amazon. Sure hope it does not take long, as this is my first tablet. I can not afford both so will opt to wait if neccessary. :(

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
I checked Amazon the other day because I heard they were taking pre-orders and would have the new Kyros line in stock on 3/15.. Actually I read that all over the net. They had them for pre-order early in the week but then when I went to place my pre-order a 7026 on Thursday they no longer were taking pre-orders and had no in-stock date.

I contacted them but the agent I got seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. So I decided to contact Coby. The woman I spoke to said that plans for the thing had been changed and they were doing something else with them now. I don't know what that meant but she said to keep looking on Amazon and other places to watch for them to be on sale.

Today I checked on Coby's Facebook page and they posted that the new line wouldn't be available until late spring or early summer. What a bummer! I was really hoping to be playing with one by next week. Looks like I'll be waiting a little longer. The worst part is I got so excited about getting the new one that I sold the 7015 I had.

Bought a new 7015 today on Amazon. Figured I'll keep it until the new line actually does release. Got it overnighted so I should have it tomorrow. Now I just have to root the new one...I just finished doing all that on the last one! What luck!

Anyway...just thought I'd post an update on the status of the new line of Kyros. I know many of us have been waiting on those. Looks like we'll be waiting a little longer.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Good information to know. I appreciate you sharing that. I am so impressed with my 7015 I think the only thing I'm missing is a camera. At this point I think that would be the true selling point on the nextgen Kyros tablets.

Sent from my MID7015

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
Ya...the camera is the only reason I want to get the 7025. If the 7015 had a camera at all I would be just fine with it.

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
I cancelled my Coby Pre Order and ordered a 8 inch tablet with Samsung chip PV210 ARM Cortex TM-A8 MID. I think I'll just wait until the Coby line with the capacitive screens comes out later in the year.

The 7015 is fun to play with anyway!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If someone could actually call Coby for an official statement, that would be good...

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
I did call Coby yesterday. The girl told me that they decided to do something different with them...not sure what she meant...different with the units or different with the way they're distributed...she wasn't clear on that. So the release date of 3/15 has been delayed. Amazon took down the pre-order page on their site.

The girl I spoke with didn't have a new release date for me but I looked on the Coby Facebook page and an official reply to someone's question on there was that the new tablets wouldn't be released until late spring or early summer. Man was I disappointed at that...I was really wanting to be playing with one next week.

Anyway, with no idea what they decided to "do differently" with them (that's what the rep from Coby told me is the reason for the delay) it's got me a little curious. Will it be maybe 3.0 *crosses fingers* or a capacitive screen? Who knows...but I'm guessing that this late in the game they probably already had many built and ready to go since Amazon first had them being shipped on the 15th, so.....what would they be changing on them when the things are already built? I'm guessing (hoping) the OS. Just my thoughts though. I guess it could be anything really...who's to say they aren't disassembling the ones already built to change something inside? It's possible I guess. Just seems like if they were planning on shipping them next week but then this week decided to delay it they must have decided to improve something that could be changed quickly and inexpensively.

I hope whatever it is doesn't change the price...unless it lowers it.

If anyone hears about what it is they are changing (if anything at all) please be sure to share the info with us all.

Last edited:

greg g

Mar 10, 2011
How do you load photos directly to a Kyros 7015 from your camera? Is an app like ES Explorer used? I'm a newbie to the 7015 but would like to store photos while traveling also.

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
How do you load photos directly to a Kyros 7015 from your camera? Is an app like ES Explorer used? I'm a newbie to the 7015 but would like to store photos while traveling also.

I'm pretty sure I saw an app on the Google Market for doing this. Probably should check there.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Just checked Coby FB page...they are now saying the new models will be out May/June. Looking forward to that!

Just wanted to update for anyone who didn't know and is waiting.

Now that's a much more realistic release date. The hardware is probably ready, but the firmware was far away the last time I checked.

But what are they going to do with all the pre-orders?

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
How about this scenario for "doing something different": Skip the Gingerbread 2.3 Android version since it is still really geared to phones, and go with Honeycomb/3.x? I could see that taking a few more months to tweak/test for the Coby's, and am thinking that would be the best matchup for their tablet form factor, plus having a Google-sanctioned/supported platform.

Just a thought...

Chefmaster

Mar 18, 2011
Checked the Coby website earlier tonight to see if there were any updates on the MID7026 tablet, hoping that they may be releasing early instead of releasing in May/June, and found out that there is a 024 (1024, 7024, 8024) line of tablets coming out. These tablets weren't on their website before so I went ahead and checked the specs to see what the difference was. The only difference is the 024 models have Android 2.2 OS, whereas the others have 2.3. The 024 also looks like the MID 025 models and the hardware is the same from the 025 models.

I think Coby had the idea for the 024 at the last second so they delayed both tablet models so they could put the 2.2 OS on the 025 and make it a 024, this is what I think anyways. Although, they could have had the idea in the first place and Amazon jumped the gun with the pre-order plus release date. Glad there is a visible reason now for it being delayed instead of rumors.

Last edited:

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Wow. Thanks for sharing that. Hopefully, with the 024 being 2.2 we might see a good price since all of the others are supposed to be 2.3. That might be worth taking a crack at.

Sent from my MID7015