Asus Availability?

woozle

Apr 25, 2011
I've looked at Best Buy, Amazon and many others along with calling the stores and no one has any information listed, posted or otherwise on the Asus EEE Pad. I know it's a day away but I have a feeling that I'm going to spend all day looking for this device and find out that it's only being released in huge cities like New York or LA.

Anyone have similar troubles?

Drummynator

Apr 25, 2011
I doubt it'll only be released in major cities and if it is, you should still be able to order it online without trouble.

Sent from my Focused DROID X

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
I just saw something on twitter earlier that someone had called asus direct and they said that the Transformer was actually not being released tomorrow. Who knows.

Sent from my DROIDX

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
Asus' Facebook page has a countdown clock ( see: ASUS Eee - Transformer | Facebook ) that puts the launch at like 3am Central on Wednesday.

It will be available at Amazon, American TV, B&H, BestBuy.com, BJ's, Buy.com, Datavision, Fry's, HH Gregg, J&R, Micro Center, Newegg, OfficeMax.com, Office Depot, PC Richards, Sears.com, Staples, Target, TigerDirect & Walmart.com

highsierra

Apr 25, 2011
I called local BB and Office Depot late today. Both knew the launch of the Transformer but both said they didn't have any inventory on hand and didn't when they'd get it. Is Asus fumbling the ball?

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
Everywhere is on backorder now, just order one, will come int 2-3 weeks like most ipads now.

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
I put an order in on Amazon yesterday morning, but it was backordered. I cant wait to get it, even if it takes forever:)
Did you get it for the normal retail price? I'm going to have to check again...!

EDIT: Rats. It IS available for pre-order, but it is via Target so there is no Prime delivery and you get hit for shipping ($17) tax. So, it ends up being $440. Not so bad though. Especially since they are so hard to find!

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
The best way to handle heat dissipation is to elevate the notebook. Sure you can get a cool looking Zalman cooler and just use it as the elevator. Flat surface is the best way to pull in cool air.

Posted in wrong forum? Or did I miss something? :confused: LOL

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
I would watch Benjami....... random posts like that in a thread normally indicate a spammer from foreign countries (at least in most of my AV and home theater forums it does) They copy paste posts from other tech sites not knowing what they are saying (language barrier) in order to get their post count up so they have credibility and the ability to post links. Then the spamming begins. Hopefully I am wrong.

buck0182

May 1, 2011
I walked into American furnature today walked out with the transformer.
Just used it to type this message.
They had 2 of them as of noon today

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
What state is American Furniture in? I don't think we have any of those here in Nebraska.....we have Nebraska Furniture Mart,Best Buy,Staples,Walmart,Office Depot, etc..... etc..... but nobody has any in stock. Is this a result of Japans earthquake? Or poor marketing and planning?

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
10" IPS panels were in short supply before the earthquake due to the release of the IPAD2. You add all the events in japan on top of it and the supply is even worse. They had to release the tablet for competition reasons and probably did so with a short supply. I actually ordered 8 at different places. Three of them shipped and 5 are backordered indefinitely.

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
I would watch Benjami....... random posts like that in a thread normally indicate a spammer from foreign countries (at least in most of my AV and home theater forums it does) They copy paste posts from other tech sites not knowing what they are saying (language barrier) in order to get their post count up so they have credibility and the ability to post links. Then the spamming begins. Hopefully I am wrong.

You are correct. I mod on several of the sister forums and it fits all the signs. I reported it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
I bought one off of Tiger Direct last week and had it in 2 days.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum