Asus EEE owners, does the EEE pad work well as a Notebook ?

Jeremy1

Oct 3, 2011
just curious to know wether the Asus EEE Transformer pad acts well as a notebook, using the dock for things like word processing?

schwartzkm

Jul 20, 2011
Yes and no.

If you are doing basic word processing, yes. If however you are doing something more involved, you will need a much more feature-rich word processing program like word.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
The transformer comes with polaris Office, which is a basic office suite with a word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation program. It's not as powerful as MS Office but will handle most word processing chores. If you do alot of typing, you'll want to get the keyboard along with the transformer. It adds 2 usb slots, a full size sd slot and has a battery that extends time to aprox 16 hours!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
Grab a Connectland CL-MOU23014 Bluetooth Wireless Optical Mouse off Amazon, QuickOffice Pro HD off the market, and you are good to go. Setup free Dropbox, Google Docs, and Sugarsync accounts and make yourself completely mobile with cloud file storage. Tether your Eee Pad TF to your smartphone and you can be online virtually anywhere. That's my setup and I love it. My Eee Pad Transformer with keyboard doc fits into my portfolio. In meetings I can take endless notes and stay online for 16 hours before needing to charge. For me, the break point between a laptop and a tablet was battery life. 16 hours is more than enough for my work day. The Transformer does enough well to let me leave my laptop on its docking station on my desk and take my Transformer with me to my numerous meetings. Very functional for my needs.

This little bluetooth mouse is a great addition to the Eee Pad. It works great and makes tooling through apps and a browser really fly. Only thing I am waiting on is root for B7O versions of the Transformer. Am thinking it will be available soon. Hope so!!

Last edited:

UGator

May 20, 2011
Grab a Connectland CL-MOU23014 Bluetooth Wireless Optical Mouse off Amazon, QuickOffice Pro HD off the market, and you are good to go. Setup free Dropbox, Google Docs, and Sugarsync accounts and make yourself completely mobile with cloud file storage. Tether your Eee Pad TF to your smartphone and you can be online virtually anywhere. That's my setup and I love it. My Eee Pad Transformer with keyboard doc fits into my portfolio. In meetings I can take endless notes and stay online for 16 hours before needing to charge. For me, the break point between a laptop and a tablet was battery life. 16 hours is more than enough for my work day. The Transformer does enough well to let me leave my laptop on its docking station on my desk and take my Transformer with me to my numerous meetings. Very functional for my needs.

This little bluetooth mouse is a great addition to the Eee Pad. It works great and makes tooling through apps and a browser really fly. Only thing I am waiting on is root for B7O versions of the Transformer. Am thinking it will be available soon. Hope so!!
I am rooted on my B70 TF. I used the same method as I did for my wife's B40 and worked great. I'm chugging along at 1.6 ghz, with no issues