ASUS Eee Pad Slider To Be Released at End of September for $475

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
slider-lead.jpg

The newest Asus tablet, the Eee Pad Slider will soon be released. According to reports, the device should start hitting store shelves at the end of September. The Honeycomb powered device will come in a 16GB and 32GB variety and sell for $475 and $575 respectively. Here's a refresher of the primary specs:
  • 10" IPS Display (1280x800)
  • Dual Core Tegra 2 Processor
  • Android 3.2
  • 1.2MP Front Camera and 5MP Rear Camera with flash
  • Mini-HDMI, Mini-USB, and MicroSD slots
  • Bluetooth & WiFi
Engadget got some "hands-on" time with the tablet, and had some positive things to say. They indicated that the device looked quite elegant in person, and appeared to have a strong build quality, among other things. You can see their video, some more pics and get more about their impressions at the source link below.

Source: TransformerForums via Engadget

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
Sorry if this is a noob question but do we think this guy (and others like it in the next couple months) will get the Ice Cream Sandwich OTA? That is something I am trying to hold out for...

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Sorry if this is a noob question but do we think this guy (and others like it in the next couple months) will get the Ice Cream Sandwich OTA? That is something I am trying to hold out for...

As far as my sources indicate, there is no info regarding this right now. It's up in the air as to which devices will get ICS, and nothing has been confirmed at all about it yet, except that the Samsung Droid Nexus Prime phone will be the first device with ICS. Perhaps someone else might have heard more...

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
Thanks man. I read the Toshiba Excite will be getting it also whenever it shows, but of course that isn't confirmed, just that someone heard a Toshiba rep say it second hand. Something tells me that it will be worth waiting for though.