Asus Eee Pad Slider

TheChoolulu

Oct 24, 2011
I really wish I could share everyone's enthusiasm. I was so excited to get this tablet. I had it for about 20 minutes and it just stopped working. It's been stuck in a boot loop ever since and no matter what I do, I can't get it past that. I searched other forums and found similar problems with the Transformer but no one had yet reported it with the Slider. I tried resetting, data wipe, etc... Wish I had an answer as everything else about this tablet is great!

mikewojcik

Oct 25, 2011
About a month ago I bought a Slider for my wife to replace her netbook. She likes the Slider very much and It gets a lot of use.:)
But I still can't figure out how to get it to print to a network printer.:confused:
Has anyone figured this out?

armyveteran22

Oct 21, 2011
Have u installed a network printer app? I print off mine all the time .....

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Android Tablet Forum

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
My only problem is how heavy it is... but I guess that's the price you pay for having the keyboard attached. Otherwise I loved it while I used it

calden

Nov 4, 2011
Really, I don't find mine to be heavy at all. So I now have both the Transformer and Slider. My justification for buying the Slider was I bought it for my wife, Course in the back of mind I knew she would never use it, thus giving me another gadget to play with. I have to say I like it more then the transformer. It get's better battery life, when the Transformer is away from the keyboard that is. It's feels more solid and expensive then the Transformer, the camera is much, much better, is it me or is brighter to. I do miss the full size SD card though since I now have a 64GB card for the Transformer. I even like the white color my wife picked over the Brown. I totally recommend it for road warrior. I know the Prime will be here in December but I have to say these Dual Core machines are plenty fast for me. Especially after playing ShadowGun, can anything slow these tablets down.

armyveteran22

Oct 21, 2011
Yea I like my slider its better I think.... the transformer just seemed iffy to me... and the dock cost and extra 150$ .....my battery life is amazing I get maybe around 6-7 hrs with heavy use ..... and its great for everything .... I have a micro SD card in it and it works great with the extra storage and I move my apps to the card and its better that way.... plus the transformer only had the one color and my slider is the white version which attracts alot of peoples attention and is a conversation piece....

mikewojcik

Oct 25, 2011
Have u installed a network printer app? I print off mine all the time .....

Hi,
What printer app are you using?
The android market search returns about 1000 results.
Some are free and some are not.
I don't mind paying, if it will work properly.

Thanks in Advance.

Mike W.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Of all the printer apps I have seen and tried there are really only two that I come back to, these are CloudPrint (requires Chrome browser on your pc to configure) and PrinterShare, which is probably the best one. CloudPrint is free, and PrinterShare is cost in the market.

Sent from my gTablet using Android Tablet Forum

mikewojcik

Oct 25, 2011
Sorry for the slow reply, many irons in the fire.
My printer is a HP color Laser Jet CM 13112nfi MFP.
I have it wired to the network with a static IP to make it a network printer and to a Windows XP SP3 pc via USB to use the scan & fax features in addition to printing.

Mike W

msx2plus

Dec 7, 2011
Hello everyone,

got my slider yesterday and received a 32GB microSD card via mail today.
Stuck into the slider, it shows in the setting/storage overview. I can even open some empty folders with the file manager app.
When I insert that card into my PC however, it will not work. Even worse: clicking the corresponding folder will make the sand-clock appear for ever...
Does anyone know what that could mean?
I was about to format that card but without my PC I have no idea how that could be done (?).
Got an idea?
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
msx2plus

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new toy!

If you right click on the card's drive in your PC and go to Properties, what is the format? FAT32, FAT, NTFS?

What is the OS on your PC; Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7?

If you put any important files on it in the slider, I would copy them back off on the slider and then try to format it in the PC. I would do NTFS format if possible. If not, FAT32.

msx2plus

Dec 7, 2011
Hello Frederuco!

Thanks for the fast reply!

As a matter of fact, my WinXP machine stalls when I right-klick the SD-Card in the Explorer. The context-menu never ever pops up. Only when I pull the card out I get an error message.
After talking to some people and googling the issue I get the impression that Linux (and thus Android) has a proprietary format & file structure.
Can you confirm that?
As a workaround, I copied some files to a USB device and copied them on the Slider.
All other attempts to copy files VIA W-LAN or even USB have failed : the ASUS drivers have been rejected and even My Phone Explorer produces an OBEX Error when I want to open the file list after successfully connecting via WiFi...
VERY STRANGE.

Got any more ideas?

Thanks for your input!

Best regards

msx2plus

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Linux does use different file structures, but for the TF external cards these Linux (Ext3 and Ext4) formats cannot be read. Go figure.

The card will need to be formatted for FAT32 or NTFS (I suggest the latter).

If you right click on My Computer and go to Manage, then Disk Management, does the disk show up there? Maybe you will need to erase the partition there and format.

To copy via WiFi, set up a network share with permissions for either one user to see the folder, or for everyone to see it.

Then you can install File Manager HD and when you open it, tap the menu button (4 lines in the top right) and select LAN Connection.

Scan your network and your PC should show. Connect with the credentials set up (if any) when you shared the folder.

Then you can copy to and from this share to your TF so long as you gave that user write permssions.

msx2plus

Dec 7, 2011
Hello Frederuco!

Thanks again for your support.
Unfortunately, when I click Disk Management on my PC it stalls again. Maybe that`s simply too much for my old hardware.
I will try the W-Lan transfer ASAP.

Best regards

msx2plus