Asus Eee Pad Transformer Gets New Software Update; Bug Fixes and Stability Enhanced

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
EeePadTransformer-420x303.jpg

Not long ago, we shared that Asus was working on an update to fix a ton of bugs and improve stability of ICS on the OG Eee Pad Transformer. We can rejoice as that update is now rolling out OTA. The new update is software build IML74K.US_epad-9.21.17-20120312, and should make life much easier on the tab now. Sound off in the thread if you have received it already and share your experience.

Source: TransformerForums.com via TalkAndroid

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Got it yesterday, and although I wasn't having a lot of issues there were definately some quirks like trying to wake my Transformer in the morning to find it had shut down during the night. I'm not sure if this was caused by a bug in the ICS build itself or an app that has compatibility issues with ICS. Also had some odd charging issues when docked. Really too soon to tell if all is resolved, but it has behaved for the first 24 hours. So far so good.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
For some reason the ICS update also had a problem with the icon for Catch and replaced it with a very cool green Android. It was just the one icon, so I kind of like it, wouldn't be so cool of I had a number of the same icons for different apps though.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I noticed the notification panel is far more stable, not constantly being redrawn.

TROONORTH

Jan 5, 2012
My Asus Transformer was improved immeasurably by the change up to ICS. This latest upgrade, while needed by some has made no visible changes to my machine. However it is good to know that Asus is keeping our machines current even as the production life of this model seems to be nearing the end. BRAVO TO ASUS!

beckyoak

Mar 13, 2012
when??? will it happen automatically or do I have to check for updates.
so fed up with the crashes on my week old TF201 was thinking about returning it *sigh*
hope it'll make a difference.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
beckyoak said:
when??? will it happen automatically or do I have to check for updates.
so fed up with the crashes on my week old TF201 was thinking about returning it *sigh*
hope it'll make a difference.

This update is for the original TF101. I am surprised to hear of all the troubles you are having with your Prime, hope you get some resolution.

sammyy

Mar 17, 2012
[FONT=&quot] Door Hanger Marketing That Works! Direct Marketing Services has over 10 years experience in Door Hanger Marketing and Delivery! Choose DMS Advertising for your Door Hanger Advertising![/FONT]
http://dmsadvertising.net

Mar 17, 2012
Since the update i thought it was dieing in the night thinking wtf why is it draining my bateries, but i guess its just shutting off. so far thats the only thing i notes diffrent. I do love my Asus Transformer and there wasnt anything wrong with it befor but i do like that they keep up with the updates. so now why does it shut down in the night?

rb74

Mar 17, 2012
LilithColdheart said:
Since the update i thought it was dieing in the night thinking wtf why is it draining my bateries, but i guess its just shutting off. so far thats the only thing i notes diffrent. I do love my Asus Transformer and there wasnt anything wrong with it befor but i do like that they keep up with the updates. so now why does it shut down in the night?

I'm looking to root my msm7227-ffa tablet

Olie

Mar 21, 2012
sadly i recently returned on of these although happy with the acer aconia a500 i traded for