ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime (2) Information Thread

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
December release date is official.

From Asus's Facebook page:
In case you missed it: ASUS Transformer Prime coming in December. NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core CPU, 12-Core GeForce GPU, 8.3mm slim, 586g light, 18 hours of battery (with dock), 8MP rear camera with LED flash and auto-focus, Super IPS+ display, starting price $499 USD (varies by region), metallic spun aluminium finish, two colours in Amethyst Gray and Champagne Gold!

Hmmm, didn't see this. Kind of silly, for the reasons I stated above. I don't understand the reason for waiting for the Christmas season when Black Friday will make this thing sell like Coke at a Movie Theater. Then again, this is a copy from a Facebook post (even if it is the official ASUS page). I wonder why they didn't put the date in the press release? Maybe they are trying to see how people react, like SONY does sometimes.

Thanks! I'll update the main.

To oGu:
Welcome! Unfortunately links leading to replicated data of that type have already been posted... but thanks for the effort! =D

oGu

Nov 10, 2011
Hmmm, didn't see this. Kind of silly, for the reasons I stated above. I don't understand the reason for waiting for the Christmas season when Black Friday will make this thing sell like Coke at a Movie Theater. Then again, this is a copy from a Facebook post (even if it is the official ASUS page). I wonder why they didn't put the date in the press release? Maybe they are trying to see how people react, like SONY does sometimes.

Thanks! I'll update the main.

To oGu:
Welcome! Unfortunately links leading to replicated data of that type have already been posted... but thanks for the effort! =D
Sorry. I just wanted to be usefull. :)

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
Don't apologize, still good information if we didn't have it!

I'll keep everyone appraised if anything else arises. I am still skeptical about "Early December."

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the heads up, I should have included UK release information on the main page. I'll put it there now!

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
Update with information about a release in Germany and first official accessory (besides the keyboard).

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
I believe you've missed out on the fact that the the Prime packs a subwoofer, likely on the tablet. Check out Nvidia's info page, and pictures of the rear of the tablet.

Then check out the large grille on the back, on the right side; that can't be a speaker. It's a bit too big, and only on one side; so it's probably a subwoofer.

Also, the keyboard dock is actually not 8.3mm thin; it's 10.4mm (again, check out Nvidia's product page)

Also, if I may suggest a few organizational changes to the post:

Tablet Details

• Name: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime
  • US/North America Release Date: Early December (just to be more specific; state the area here, too)
  • US Pricing: US 499/$599 for 32/64GB respectively.
  • UK Release Date: "Early January 2012"
  • UK Pricing: £499 (with keyboard dock)
  • Keyboard Dock Pricing: $149 (the Transformer Prime will not function with the original Transformer's keyboard dock)
  • Android OS version: Honeycomb 3.2 (ICS to follow in late December)
  • Processor: Tegra 3 Quad-Core SoC
  • Screen: 10.1" Super IPS+ (best-in class display brightness), 1280x800, 10-point multitouch, Gorilla Glass
  • RAM: 1GB LP DDR2
  • Sound: SonicMaster technology, built-in Subwoofer
  • Camera: 8MP rear-facing camera with f2.4 aperture, 1.2MP front-facing camera
  • Dimensions: 8.3mm (0.33") thick, 586g (1.2lbs); Keyboard is 8.3mm (0.33") thick, 537g (1.18lbs); 1.1kg (2.4lbs) with Tablet docked with keyboard dock
  • Ports: Proprietary dock connector and cable, USB 2.0 (on keyboard dock), Mini-HDMI, MicroSD (you missed that one ;)) full-size SD (on keyboard dock), 3.5mm audio jack
  • Battery Life: 12 hours (according to official reports), 18 hours with keyboard dock
  • Colors: Grey and Gold (both dock and unit)
Take what you like, or completely ignore the post. Whatever you prefer! Just wanted to help. ;)

Last edited:

Vach

Oct 2, 2011
Holy Giant Post Batman! Walkop, you are very thorough. I will enhance my post with some of your suggestions. I know I read the Mini-SD port was in there... I can't believe I forgot to update it.

I'm honestly not sure about the sub woofer portion, that certainly makes sense in the images, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a single speaker (like the iPad).

Anyway, thanks again!

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Holy Giant Post Batman! Walkop, you are very thorough. I will enhance my post with some of your suggestions. I know I read the Mini-SD port was in there... I can't believe I forgot to update it.

I'm honestly not sure about the sub woofer portion, that certainly makes sense in the images, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a single speaker (like the iPad).

Anyway, thanks again!
No problem, glad I could help. Regarding the subwoofer, it actually used to be specifically mentioned ON Nvidia's product page, but I checked once more just after your post and it's gone! Interesting; maybe it doesn't have a subwoofer, although I'm still holding out hope. Perhaps they're keeping specifications like that under wraps, for now.

I'm hoping it has stereo speakers, as auditory acuity has been heralded as one of it's strong points (the old TF didn't have speakers that were that great) and even the original TF, as I mentioned, has stereo speakers. I guess we'll find out soon enough ;)

Vach

Oct 2, 2011