Asus May be Prepping a 6-Inch Transformer to Rival the Samsung Galaxy Note Series

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
android-transformer-teaser.png

Asus just offered up a brilliant teaser for their newest product which will probably see the light of day at Computex 2013. It's a tiny, plastic, assembly-required model Android, and it comes with a number of hints and clues literally built-in. First up we see the logo/motto "We Transform" on the faux box. Second, the little Android is called the N6-TE. Next, as you can see from his parts, he has both a phone and a pen to use as arms. Finally, he also has the number 6 on his body. Putting the pieces of this puzzle together it's not hard to think we could be seeing a new transformer phone or phablet which also includes a stylus and will likely sized at 6 inches.

This suggests a product designed to compete with the Samsung Galaxy Note series, and probably will be launched to compete with Samsung's very next GNote3. The online teaser even has a live count-down timer showing when we will know more. The timing of this suggests it will be Computex. Isn't that clever how Asus put all of that together. What wonderful synergy!

Thanks for the tip, zeo!

Source: Asus

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Still in love with my galaxy note...not ready for another phablet yet!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Samsung has put together such a useful hardware/software combination with the Note line it's going to be pretty tough for a competitor to make any inroads here.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/nM41Mbo1ZdI?autoplay=1[/video]

I liked their teaser trailer too.